• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's This? Help in Webhelp?

Explorer ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of bringing a FrameMaker book through RoboHelp. The FrameMaker book is basically an instruction manual / user guide for a software program. Previously, this software has utilized your basic HTML Help, compiled with an HTML Help editor, and utilizing "What's This?" field level context sensitive help. Going through RoboHelp documentation, I've seen many references that "field-level help is not available in WebHelp, only in HTML Help". Is there a way to get the same type of context-sensitive help in WebHelp? I have my RoboHelp project all lined up and ready to go, with all the necessary topics assigned to Map ID's. Will the developer of the software simply be able to take these Map ID's, call them out in his source code wherever needed (as was done previously for What's This? help)? Or will he not be able to do that, and the best we can get in WebHelp is window-level context sensitive help?

I'm fairly new to both FrameMaker and RoboHelp, and have learned mostly through experimenting and going through the product documentation, so in my case the simplest explanation of the process of getting What's This? Help in WebHelp will be the best!

Thanks for any help/input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge's site shows a number of method of calling webhelp and is well worth a read before progressing further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum. Unfortunately, the website you referred me to is coming up "page cannot be displayed". I tried the main page as well, www.grainge.org, and even tried just going through google, and it's the same issue. Perhaps the site is down, or my company is blocking it for some unknown reason....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Umm! I get the same but it was OK earlier today. Maybe the site is down. I know Peter well so I'll have a word with him. Try again in a shortwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp