Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems generating WebHelp output using RoboHelp X5

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using RoboHelp X5, build 606 since last 2 weeks. I am facing problems with the generation of WebHelp output, when I generate and publish the project, it does not give me the Index and TOC. I have taken over the project from another author and when I compare the new Published Help folder with the previous author's work, I see some missing files. Could anyone from the group please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Two possibilities from that information.

1] Is the D drive a partition on your hard disk or a network drive? RoboHelp projects must be run from your hard disk.

2] The more likely is that RH is not properly installed. When the previous author left, was RH uninstalled and reinstalled using your login? For X5 it must be installed using your login? Also you need local admin rights both to install and use it.

My guess is this is all to do with X5 not having been installed with your login and with you ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these missing folders and files have names starting wh?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the missing files and folders start with WH. For exam

ple,  whgdata, whdata, whxdata,

whproj and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll be why nothing works properly. Do you know why those files didn't make it to the output folder?

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what the probem is.....I dont know why those files do not appear in the output folder. Any idea what went wrong? These files appear after we generate the WebHelp output. This time they seem to be missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You referred to generate and publish. Generation is to your hard disk and I suspect you will find those files there. Publishing is a follow on process and sometimes it is done by the developers, they are handed the contents of the generate folder and they publish. Sometimes they decide these folders and files are not needed and don't publish them, then everyone wonders why things don't work.

Check and post back what you find in the generate folder and tell us how publishing is done.

Have you tried simply generating and publishing again?

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am responsible for generation and publishing. We dont handover the published help to the developers. I have a parent and child project (merged project) structure in RoboHelp.

I have generated the child projects first and then generated the parent project (master project). These "wh" files and folders are missing from the generated help folder (WebHelp folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rule is you must generate the parent first but it is not always necessary. You haven't said they are or are not missing from both the generate and publish locations.

Generate just the parent again to a new folder. Do the folders and files appear then? If they do, publish the child to its location within mergedProjects.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to regenerate the WebHelp output and noticed the following error messages in the output pane.

Given next are the messages from the output pane:

Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 13.10.801

Compiling D:\Stolte_Arbeit\CP107\F1-Alarming\WebHelp\mergedprojects\bbs1\bbs1.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 5 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 5 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possibilities from that information.

1] Is the D drive a partition on your hard disk or a network drive? RoboHelp projects must be run from your hard disk.

2] The more likely is that RH is not properly installed. When the previous author left, was RH uninstalled and reinstalled using your login? For X5 it must be installed using your login? Also you need local admin rights both to install and use it.

My guess is this is all to do with X5 not having been installed with your login and with you having local admin rights.

This will lead to another problem. X5 can no longer be activated. The solution to that is on my site. See Snippet 100.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter! The problem was with the admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp