• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply a table style to an existing table?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using TC2 to recreate a help system that I developed with Flare. I couldn't get the import wizard to work with the Flare and Robo versions i have, so I'm doing this manually. I have figured out how to create a table style in RH that looks like the one in Flare, but for the life of me, I can't get it to apply it to the tables I imported from Flare. It seems to work if I create a new table, but it sure seems like I should be able to apply a style to an existing table.

Thanks for any help.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's virtually impossible to answer this without seeing the code you are working with. For obvious reasons, we don't see too much Flare code in our work.

Possibly the only way for anyone to help you is for you to attach a small project with one topic where we can see the problem. Create such a project, zip it up and attach it to this thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the sample project.

Thanks for your help,

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol

Well I was going to apologise for the delay as things were hectic yesterday, then download the project to look at it later. But there is no project to download.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here goes again. I don't know why my attachment didn't stick before, but here it is again.

thanks,

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol

I think Adobe has been dealing with many different issues that are forum related. They recently upgraded the forum software.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol

Click inside the table

Locate and click the Apply Global Table Style icon in the table toolbar

Tick the Clean Table Inline Formatting check box

Click your table style

Click OK

The table is now as per your style except the first row.

The problem there is that Flare uses the <th> whereas RoboHelp does not.

Ignore this for now and repeat the above for all the tables in a topic.

Go into HTML view and press CTRL H to invoke Search and Replace

Search on <th> and replace with <td>

Don't worry about the closing </th> tags

Switch back to Design View. If you go back to HTML view, you will see RH has corrected the code (sometime code correction is useful)

You will now see the table is the same as a new table created with the same style.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhh! Thank you! I was choosing to clear settings, but not in that order. My biggest confusion with Robo8 is the way settings in dialog boxes are executed immediately, instead of setting all the settings and then Apply/OK. Not what I expect, so I don't think of it!

I appreciate your help!

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp