• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserted .swf movie works fine on PC, but not on website.

Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Using Captivate 4, I created a New User Training module that demonstrated a program within certain slides of the module as a .swf animation.  The .swf animation was another, smaller Captivate4-created simulation, published as a Flash 8 file.  When I preview, and after publication, the simulation movie displays and plays as designed.  However, when the file is uploaded to its destination website, the simulation movie does not display at all.

What can I do to get these simulation demos to work?  The overall CBT module won't be effective without them.

Thanks!

Paul

And while I'm asking, what image content type is allowed in these forums?  I get this message when I try to upload a 200x116 jpeg to illustrate my challenge.  I continue to get: [The content type of this image is not allowed.]

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I think your problem is the same as described in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/515052?tstart=0

If you have Flash then try and create a Flash loader as described in the above thread. If not then try and disable the Auto Play feature on the small embedded Captivate 4 file and see if it will work for you then.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  I have imported a flash video into one of my Captivate modules. Originally, after I published the slide with the flash video would disappear.  I fixed this issue by turning the auto play on.  Now when I upload it to the website the slide has disappeared again.

I read through the thread suggested here, but the widget specifies that it will not work with ConnectPro.  I need to use this module on ConnectPro.  If I try turning off auto play it won't work on either my pc or the website.

Any other suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.  I am well past my deadline on this module as I have spent weeks now trying to mess with the settings to make this work.  Thanks!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrea,

Connect Pro apparantly only works with a single SWF file output so that is why the widget (or any other form of external loading) will not work. I have no idea why this limitation exists in Connect Pro and I don't use it my self. I know that Shawn had similar problems and posted here on the forum. Perhaps you can find something useful in his threads: http://forums.adobe.com/people/shawninvancouver?view=overview

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources