Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sub Process- Tracking Issue

Level 10

I'm using sub processes which contains several user activity.

I'm able the track the parent process only till the point it invoke the child process.

All the tasks continued by the sub process are not available for tracking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nith

9 Replies

Level 10

Thanks Jasmin,

Is it possible to have multiple forms as starting point of one workflow?

Thanks,

Nith

Former Community Member

I have the same issue Nith.

I was thinking about trying to write a desktop tool to allow process initiators to follow the progress of workflows to sidestep this issue by peaking in the database.  Not sure if it is possible yet.

As I understand, this issue is resolved in ES2?

Level 10

Exactly I have done the same (a flex dashboard application which tracks all process & sub processes initiated by a user).

PS: I'm not referring the adobe database, instead I'm saving all tracking information in my own DB.

Regards,

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi $Nith$,

I would like to do the same thing. Can you share it with more details? I am not sure about flex dashboard application, is that a customized that you created?

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 10

I'm almost done with Initiated requests; however still working on tracking the participated requests.

And my requirements is not ends there.. The managers should be able to track all their employees requests (both initiated & participated) and the CEO should track manager's requests and so on..

Anyways, the logic is same for all tracking dashboards.

I will share the flex screens which I have designed in a couple of days.

-Nith

Former Community Member

Since you are doing your own tracking DB, are you simply inserting a DB activity just prior to the user task assignment?  If so, how do you handle forwarded tasks?

Level 10

Initially I don't want to make it very complex. So at the first stage, users can track their requests by the status and the current actor being assigned to. Task forwarding is disabled for users, so I'm escaped for now.

However the administrator can re-assign the task to another, here is where I'm gonna caught

-Nith

Former Community Member

I've asked myself why you can't track user tasks in subprocesses.  I am 99.9% certain the data is available.  Did Adobe just miss this or is it a lot harder to accomplish than I think (using the LC database)