• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in window list dialog

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using a 30 day trial version of RoboHTML 8.0.2 on Windows 7 Professional.  Coming from RoboHelp 2002R2, I like having the ability to keep multiple topics open at once, but there seems to be an annoying bug in the operation of the "Windows" dialog. To see this, first open several topics so there are multiple tabs open. Choose "Windows..." from the Windows menu. From the list that appears, select a topic other than the one that is currently in the foreground tab, then click the Activate button. The chosen topic will come to the foreground. Now click the Close button (not the Close Window button!) on the window list dialog. Your chosen topic goes away and the original topic pops back up to the top. There doesn't seem to be any way to choose a topic from the window list and have it come to the foreground and stay that way.

Jeff Bean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accept that it works the way you describe, I just wish I had the time to work that way. If I want to close a tab, I click the X on that tab. If I want to activate an open topic, I click that tab.

Even though you are using the trial, I recommend you apply the two service releases. The first can be downloaded via Help > Updates. The second you have to get from Adobe's download page at the moment.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be tidier than I am. I rarely remember to close topics, so I end up with lots of topics open. The result is that there are so many tabs open that I have to click the little arrows in the tab bar to scroll through them to find the one I want. For me, using the window list dialog would be faster, if it worked.

BTW, I believe I mentioned that I am using version 8.0.2. That is the most current one, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do tend to close tabs as soon as I have finished except where I am comparing / copying so I will have no more than five or six open usually.

I missed the 802 reference. That is the latest. Did the download come with 802 or did you have to apply the patches?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got a scroll wheel mouse with a clicker in the wheel you can just scroll-click on the tab, much like you can do in browsers and it will close, no need to find that little X button on the topic. so much faster and easier.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Nick, I use the "Nukem" approach myself. I also tend to look up and notice that I've got several tabs open. I like to squash them all really quickly. So what I do is to assign the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Alt+X to close all open tabs. That makes it simple for me to just press the magick key sequence.

However, I'm like Peter in the sense that I'd never use the Window menu to do this. I too just click the X on the tab.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp