• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFPDF is great but...

New Here ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to obtain the page layout information from the PDF? I'm not talking about the document creator or other pdf information that is pretty much useless. I need the real information, like position of pdf elements and what text and images are within the containers.

Applications suchs a QContent have been doing this for years, but I don't understand how this can be automatic (manually it's easy). I was looking forward to Adobe ColdFusion having more manipulation of pdf documents (even though it's going in the right direction). Is this something I should continue to try or can it not be done with ColdFusion?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might want to look into using iText. its a free Java library for building/modifying/examining PDF documents AND its most likely already installed on your machine if you are using CF6+. iText gives you a lot more control over accessing different elements inside the PDF, but the downside is you'll have to access it using the whole "writing java code inside of CF" thing in order to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation