• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project zipped, moved - topics & links missing

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robo 8/TCS2 to generate Webhelp. Windows XP. Project was converted from Flare.

Project builds with no errors, all looks fine. I zipped up the project in preparation for localization, unzipped to a new folder, and opened in Robo. There are now a whole list of broken links and the TOC shows red X marks on the broken link topics. Those "missing"  topics are present in the project folder in Windows Explorer. If I try to import these topics into the project, I'm told they already exist.

When I open one of those links to see the TOC Page Properties, I find that the target topic is not in the existing topics list. If I click the New Topic button, I see the topic properties filled in for the "missing" topic, and if I click OK, it's added to the Existing Topics list. If I click OK, the X goes away.

When I rebuild the project, all of the topics appear to be there, even the "missing" topics. Some graphics are "missing".

This is a huge problem - my localization deadline is days away. Thank you for your help!

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Carol

I have moved this thread as you describe  a problem with your project not your webhelp output.

This sounds very much like the folder bug which was the subject of many posts in recent weeks. Please see the announcement at the beginning of the RH HTML forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_html

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp