• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Login

Advisor ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or has anyone else had trouble getting full access to the forum (New, Your Stuff, Reply, etc.)?

I just figured out yesterday that I had to click this unobtrusive link called "Login/Register" after I had already "logged in." Only then did my avatar, full toolbar, and Reply privileges show up. What's up with that, anyway?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon

There is a lot of discussion of forum issues that occurs over in the Forum Comments form. That's really where a post such as this one belongs.

Click here to view that forum

Indeed Adobe upgraded the forums software a week or so ago and there were a few issues that cropped up as a result.

I'm now going to delete this thread as it really adds no value to the RoboHelp forums.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"adds no value to the RoboHelp forums"?

You are rock-solid certain that no other forum user could be helped by my hint to login a second time?

Please reinstate the thread, Rick, and let them decide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it added no value to the forums in general. Just that it seems misplaced in a forum where we discuss RoboHelp issues. In a forum where you discuss forum issues (such as a double login) it seems a better fit over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and based on the level of sophistication of many of our RH forum

users, do you really think they frequent that "forum issues" forum,

ever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, likely not. But in reviewing the thread, what you are describing isn't really a "double login". Instead, I find it to be standard forum behavior for most forums I've ever visited. You are likely simply encountering an issue where you were logged out after a period of inactivity. The software displays the posts to you, but in order to reply, you are forced to officially log in if you aren't already. As you are unable to reply until you complete the login process, I'm not really understanding why it's an issue (other than the possibility that the behavior changed from what you were accustomed to).

I consider discussing it here to be like asking for a feature to be added to RoboHelp or discussing a bug that exists in RoboHelp. As you well know, Adobe has a form for that where we steer folks. The reason for steering them to the form is to get it in front of eyes that need to be aware of it. And that's precisely what the Forum Discussion forum is for. So that the folks that are able to influence these changes can see feedback from the forum users.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Rick, you're beginning to cross the line into a patronizing tone, here.

"You are likely simply encountering an issue where you were logged out after a period of inactivity."

-

No, this is the behavior when I initially login (no toolbar, no Reply). That's the issue. I'm fully aware of the inactivity issue.

"So that the folks that are able to influence these changes can see feedback from the forum users."

-

I've been through a few Adobe pre-releases and have logged my share of bug/wish posts, both in pre-release and in the regular forums. So far, Adobe is 0-for in either responding to, or implementing, these requests.

As to the forums, they still haven't fixed an egregious Web no-no: if you tab to the "Sign In" button and press Enter, your login is ignored. You actually have to mouse over to the button and click. I've posted several requests for them to fix this.

I'm not wasting any more time on this, Rick. Do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gosh Leon, I wasn't meaning to be patronizing. Sorry if you feel that way and sorry I seem to have annoyed you.

So I might better understand the situation you created this thread to discuss. You visit the forums, you enter credentials (User ID - Normally E-Mail address and password) THEN you still don't see the reply button?

I ask because that's not what happens with me. Before Adobe started with the recent round of forum upgrades, I remained logged in for some very long and extended periods of time. I'd click a link to view a post and bingo. I was already logged in (as the forums hadn't logged me out) and I simply replied.

But since the upgrade, I click the link and see the post, but I'm not logged in. I have to use the login link you mentioned to actually step through the login process before I'm able to reply. So I can see that sure, in a sense it SEEMS like a double login, because before I remained logged in and could simply reply, but now I seem to be logged out much sooner than I used to be. So I'm having to do the login hokey-pokey before I can actually post a reply.

Cartainly I cannot speak for Adobe as to why or when they do what they do. All I can do is try to be a good netizen and at least make my own efforts to report things and trust that eventually things will improve. Sounds like you have done so as well and are a bit unhappy with them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp