Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set default image folder RH8

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanting to change the default iamge folder in RH8 HTML, everytime I add an image, either by using the Insert button, or pasting it, the image is saved in the root project folder, rather than the iamges folder. It means I have to move a lot of stuff manually.

Can I set the folder where images should be stored in RH?

I've looked all over but couldn't find anything.

Thanks, Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from within RH. You may want to consider submitting a feature request. However depending on what you are using to gather your image you may be able to set a default directory for any saved files. For example RoboScreenCapture has just this feature.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I hate to disagree here, but...

If you are using RoboScreenCapture, it has been my own experience that it doesn't quite work like that. What it does do is remember where I last saved an image, then present that as the suggested location for subsequent saves until it is changed again. Then the new location is configured as the suggested location.

I saw another post where it was suggested this could be manipulated via Capture > Capture Settings. But what I find there likely doesn't behave as one may wish. Sure, you may configure a default location for a "Quick Save", but you also sacrifice flexibility. You lose the ability to specify the Image File Name used and instead rely on RoboScreenCapture to name all images somewhat the same. I'm sure I'm not unique in wanting to name my images using specific file names that are easy to identify.

For what it's worth, I find the following workflow works well for me. When I capture images using SnagIt, I save the image in the desired folder inside my RoboHelp HTML project. During the process of saving, I note the image file name. Sometimes I even copy it to the Windows Clipboard. Then from inside RoboHelp HTML, I insert the image and simply type (or paste) the file name into the field. After typing the extension (I pretty much always use PNG) the image "magickally" appears in the dialog. I press Enter and voila!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the replies.

I managed to figure out a solution for myself, sort of.

Because I use photoshop to re-size my images photoshop, and usually do a few tweaks with sharpening etc, I recorded an action sequence, Resize, sharpen, then save as gif to the Images folder in the C:\ location of the project. That outputs the files exactly where i need them ,and then means that when i import from tehre they remain there.

Its a partial solution, but because sometimes I get lazy and just copy and paste in a graphic or smaller screen shot from roboscreen directly into my project and this will then create the file in the root folder, suppose I have to be less lazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick

Yeah, you can operate that way. I personally don't recommend it because RoboHelp will do a few different things I don't like.

• It will save the image in the project root.
  • It will name the image what it likes.
  • It will save the image in the format it likes.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp