Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't apply old table template in RH 8 project

Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had a table template (.htmtable file) that we've been using for years--since probably X5. I copied the .htmtable file to the correct directory and now it shows up in the list of Table Templates when I select Table > Insert > Table. When I select the template and click OK, however, I just get that "you can't click this" beep and nothing happens. Why can't I use my old table template? And how do I make it so that I can use it?

Thanks!!

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables are now part of the CSS. See the About RH8 article on my site and follow the link to the RoboHelp Tour.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added, your old tables will still work but new table styles need to be created.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 11/26/2009 and will not return until

12/01/2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter! That's just it. My old table style shows up in the list of table styles when I insert a table, but I can't apply it. I just get a beep.

I guess I'll just recreate it in CSS and why the existing one doesn't work will remain a mystery. Thanks for the link to more info on your site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp