• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't bring in images in RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using RoboHelp 7 for several months, with no issues. But, last week, when I went to import a graphic, although I could locate the graphic, it never showed up in my preview and I couldn't then bring it into the document.

I've occassionally seen this in the past when the filename was too long, but in this case I trimmed the filename and it still didn't work.

The one thing I did notice is that, although the "Images in project folder" showed images in the current projects folder (and I can also reinsert these images with no problem), when I go to browse for an image, it's defaulting to another project folder and I cannot insert images from the "right" folder after I browse to it. In fact, all of my projects now, when I go to browse for a file, default to this same project folder. I'm wondering if this is the source of the problem, but I can't figure out how to change the default browse folder for a project.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue (both with RoboHelp 6 and 8) when inserting an image that wasn't saved in the RoboHelp project's directory.

The solution I found was that once you insert the image (from the non-project's directory) into your topic, delete the image from your topic and then insert it again, but this time, make sure to select it from the RoboHelp project's directory.

I'm assuming that you could also first save the image to the RoboHelp project's directory and then insert it from there - but, I didn't try this.

Good luck,

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We occasionally have this problem.  Try opening the image in Photoshop and then saving as a different type like .jpg.  It seems to me that our problems were mostly with bitmaps.  Sometimes resizing by even one pixel can also help.  ... Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Something to consider if you are using the venerable and industrial strength PhotoChop is that you often need to "flatten" an image and save.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS elements 2. it does everything I need and I know how to use it very well. I flatten everything before making my .jpg. We have not had this problem for a long time because we make .jpg files. We also use a standard set of image width so our pages will display and print with the same look and feel. 200px 300px 550px 600px with a couple 50x50 icon images.

I am fighting RH8 right now. The upgrade took out half my project. I am really pissed. Trying to downgrade for 2 hours now. I think Robo has hosed my computer. I may have to break down and pay for help. I'll give it another 2 hours.

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've fixed it.

These are images I've used before, and they are in the correct project directory. The issue (apparently) had to do with the length of the pathname. At least, that's what I'm guessing. When I moved the whole project directory up a level, everything worked fine. Exact same directory down a level, nothing works at all.

I saw the same thing with long file names. Filename too long, and the image won't import. Cut it down a few characters, and it comes in fine.

So, I guess there's a limit on the length of the path name, although these folders were only one level below the default and the images were at the top level of the project.

Anyway, all working fine now. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you get 132 characters in the total file length.  128 plus the period and the extension.  Many things won't work if you go over this length.  I have made it practice to name my topics and folders with what ever length name but edit the file name and pare it down as much as possible to avoid the problem in the length of the path.

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another simple thing that can cause files not to appear even though you have browsed to the correct folder is that you have inadvertently changed the file type displayed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having seen some more posts on this subject reminded me of another issue I recently encountered. Checking in PhotoShop revealed the colour mode was set to CMYK. Changing it to RGB enabled the same JPG to be imported.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp