• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An easy way to find the landing page for an old published WebHelp 5 project?

Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried numerous suspect topics in an old zipped Help, but can't find starting page, so I don't get the frames.

Some .js files are noted as WebHelp 5.10.001, some say WebHelp 5.5

Any ideas where to look for the "default landing page"... topics have no show/hide buttons.  The published product has 3 folders: whdata, whgdata, whxdata and the latestst date is 3/2006, earliest date is 2002

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps scan the folders and see if you find three files with the same primary file name, but different ending variants of the file name. For example, perhaps your project is named MyProject. In that case you might see:

MyProject.HTM (main landing page)

MyProject_rhc.HTM

MyProject_csh.HTM

Incidentally, your situation underscores something I toss out for each RoboHelp HTML class I facilitate. Always consider naming the start page index.htm. This has some advantages.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

Yep, I've chosen "default.htm" (rather than index.htm)--no clue as to logic in these legacy help projects, tho, other than neither of those were chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the whskin_info.htm file, the file you want is identified as the "Start Page."

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp