Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Capturing Drag and Drop Behavior

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been working with the Adobe Technical Communication Suite. I have used Captivate 3 to record 6 videos--the swf files are used in my WebHelp project to demonstrate some of the features of our software product. I will be working on the next software release, and will need to update the videos. The problem I encountered before, and would like to resolve now, is the recording of drag and drop, and window rezing within a Web-based application. I have recorded using the demo mode (I have also experimented with other recording options) to capture how users can adjust the display within our Web-based application, such as resizing panes and dragging and dropping portlets. However, each time, the result is that the captured behavior not consistent with the actual behavior: The timing is off in the recorded video, the dragging portion is not displaying properly, etc.

I suspected it might be my video driver, but I rechecked the TechNotes and archived articles on this Adobe site, and I have not found anything that points to an issue on my machine. I'm running Windows XP (SP 2), 1.96 GB RAM, running 1440x900 resolution.

Any tips or ideas about how to get the best recordings for drag and drop and window pane resizing are appreciated!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full motion recording using C3 is awful: You get about a half-pixel shift along both axes and the color washes out.  C4 does a MUCH better job.

A very tedious workaround using C3 is to turn off full-motion recording and take the 'stop motion animation approach': move a tad, Print Screen, move a tad more, Print Screen, etc.  When the slides play, the user doesn't know it's not full motion.  --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Another approach would involve using a different application to capture the full motion bits. For example, Jing or Camtasia. Then take what was created and insert it into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to check in and say "thank you" for both replies. Both suggestions were helpful (and I marked them as such), and I think I'll try the other recording tools and importing into Captivate first. I'll report back in a month or two (in the deadline, now)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources