• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I record "gotomeeting" demo in Captivate with audio?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recorded "gotomeeting" demo in Captivate but I cannot hear any sound.

May be bcoz I am using trial version?

Any reason?

Thanks

Ravi

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick for prompt answer.

But the question remains same:

why I just have ghghrrrrrr..........sound instead of conversation? The recording just have this sound, no conversation.

I am recording gotomeeting demo, the speaker/presenter talks in speaker phone which is adjecent to computer.

I am new to Captivate. I have basic question. Can I record like this - screens in computer and conversation in phone?

Thanks again

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ravi

Sure. You can try.

There are a couple of issues here I'll point out.

Recording a meeting like this would almost certainly need to be recorded using Full Motion Recording (FMR) mode. Captivate has never done FMR well.

Recording a meeting like this would likely mean you need to capture "System Audio". Many systems don't support this.

I'm a GoToMeeting user and I am aware that you are able to record a meeting. You may wish to investigate that option.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I can see you are community expert and so far, posted 13000 posts, thats just incredible !! Hats off to you and your willingness to help !!

Going back to my issue, I tried using FMR mode only but still it does not work.

Have you ever recorded GoToMeeting demo before?

I dont know where you are located but I am in Greenwich CT, with JP Morgan Chase. You can reach me at:

ravi.joshi@jpmchase.com

Thanks

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ravi

No, I've never used Captivate to record GoToMeeting (GTM). If I were to need to record GTM, I would likely opt for its own internal recording mechanism.

However, it does surprise me a bit that you say you tried recording using Full Motion Recording (FMR) and it didn't work. Out of curiosity, are you the presenter or the participant with GTM? I'm wondering if perhaps it makes a difference with Captivate. Once in a while we fiind that Captivate doesn't work well with another software in the picture.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources