• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How 2 copy hhc from proj to dup proj

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully created a duplicate project, but not the dup hhc. Tried copying the hhc from the source to the dup project and renaming it. This seemed to work. However, the next day, after reopening the dup project and getting the latest files, the desired hhc had become a 1 KB file. The orig. 47 KB  file had been, I guess, overwritten. I might note that between closing the project and reopening it the following day, I had updated RH with the 8.02  release.

I have since attempted to repeat the steps that led to my initial success with the copied hhc. Thus far, I've failed. RH won't recognize the imported hhc. Instead, it seems to create dup version of its own at 1 KB.  That version is listed in the C: drive project file immediately below the file I imported (sized at 47 KB). Deleting the 1 KB version doesn't seem to make a difference.

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Hi there

The crystal ball is in the shop. Sorry. What version of RoboHelp are you using? What flavor? How did you "duplicate" your project?

There are many options we might suggest. However, with the dearth of information, it's rather difficult to offer a meaningful suggestion.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The crystal ball is in the shop. Sorry. What version of RoboHelp are you using? What flavor? How did you "duplicate" your project?

There are many options we might suggest. However, with the dearth of information, it's rather difficult to offer a meaningful suggestion.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! You're absolutely correct. Well, I'm in RH 8 (though I

think that I did reference the use of the 8.02 update).

How did I create the dup project. Laboriously. I created a new project, then ended up copying the files from the source to the new project. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I ended up having to delete copies (of the copies), more than once... one by one.

I generated the orig. TOC in the dup project by assigning a new name via the TOC Auto-Create function. I chose to turn bookmarks into TOC listings before I realized that this was utterly counter productive for my purposes. I ended deleting the whole thing by creating another TOC and making it the default TOC. Actually, I've done this multiple times as I've attempted to refine my technique.

In short, I've made every mistake I could think of and some I couldn't have predicted, as well.

Next question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry if I missed your reference to the update.

Usually copying a project is simple. Takes but a minute or two. You just locate the folder with the project, then copy all the files and folders inside and paste into a new location. Simple as that. Once you do this, you then typically Rename the project.

As for the TOC, you have some options. From the TOC pod, click the New TOC icon.

tmp1.png

It may look like this and you will need to click the arrow to see it.

tmp2.png

Choose New and you are given the option of copying a TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sir. That is the correct answer. You win the BIG PRIZE!

Here's why I didn't figure it out. Once within the New Table of Contents dialog, populating the Name field - even when the Copy existing Table of Contents check box is flagged - does not prompt RH to visually activate the gray field or adjacent button at the bottom of the dialog. Those fields appeared to be inactive (to me). Thus, I had no idea that left-clicking the button would actually open a Browse Table of Contents Files display. Only after the user selects this option and cancels out of it, returning to the dialog, is there any visual indication that the button is active... in the form of a darkened outline.

Please bring this to the attention of whomever establishes / double-checks functionality standards.

It would also be nice if the user had the option, within the TOC, of selecting a given listing and then selecting an icon that would move the listing to the very top/bottom of the TOC.

Lastly, it couldn't hurt to display a rollover somewhere in the TOC display that informs the user that entries can be dragged into the TOC from the Topic List display. This is much quicker than trying to drag an existing TOC listing up or down the display when dozens of listings are shown.

Many, many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't bother kvetching here in the forums about something like that - go the wish list link (found in Rick's signature line) & tell Adobe directly - the more people ask for something, the more likely it might get some programming attention. Kvetching to the right people makes the software world go round!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp