Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS ...?!

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had problems during activation process of Adobe Digital Edition after purchasing DRM ebooks and have had to reinstall the program several times.
So, finaly I was able to authorize one of my computers for reading those docuemnts, but following message is coming up now when trying to authorize my laptop:
"E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http:\\adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 3:6003:6003 urn:uuid:8de1d0ea-ba6a-4297-9961-c4b6528a9cea"

After a first chat on 03.NOV.2009 looking for assistance, I was just forwarded to call the Technical Support.

And after my call on 04.NOV.2009 to the Technical Support, I was informed about escalation and was just placed to wait for their contact and final solution.

But unfortunately, then I was informed on 17.NOV.2009 about this new procedure to get a solution.

As far as I have learned, an activation reset of my Adobe's account would be necessary to resolve this program failure.

For your reference, my laptop is a HP Pavillion dv2000 and the Norton Internet Security 2009 tool is installed on it for protection.

I will really appreciate your support with this issue for being able to read my new ebooks on the laptop as soon as possible!

Thank you very much in advance!

Joaquin Sangenis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2009 Nov 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The phone support should've directed you to submit a web support case (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions), since there is no phone support available for ADE.

I've reset your activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I just have worked out the activation process on my laptop without problem!

So, now I can take a look inside my purchased ebooks also when away from home!

Thanks a lot for your quick and proper assistance!

Joaquin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prob here:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS Error when trying to authorize an E-Reader

could you please reset the ID?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the same problem.

I've submitted a web case (#0181304965).

Reply was something like 'user profile issue, disable all startup items and search for the program that creates this problem'. Workaround: 'create new windows user'...??! (neighter suggestion work...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh looks like they really missread your first eamil....  I've upped your activation count for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was quick!

I've registered ADE -> no error!

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim - I'm another poor victim of the Too Many Activations problem.

I've followed the Adobe procedures in reporting the problem, (see Case no: 181287498 - 18th November - still open) to see if I could get the Activation Count reset. But get asked to send in the Serial number of ADE on the Sony Ebook (not there as ADE is bundled in the product) before anything can be done.  Even spent significant time with an online support technician a few days ago who advised me to go an purchase another copy of ADE (see Case No: #202721082 25th November - now closed)!!  And I've since been back to update Case 181287498 but no response as yet.  Now I'm really getting hacked-off with lack of action.

Even with my limited knowledge and having read many similar incidences here on the Forum, I can see the problem would be resolved if the Activation Count was cleared/reset so I could download the books I've bought.  You are the only person I've found on the forums who understands the problems we eBook readers are having with ADE and is able to fix.  Could you help me too?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the activation count for your handheld devices, and am complaining to support (again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim - thanks for the message about resetting the Activation Count.  I Have been able to connect, activate and download the 2 books

I purchased 3 weeks ago.  You're a star!  Just in time as well, Borders UK has gone into administration and I expect they'll be closing their download website before long.

As a point of observation, your technical support guys are either not well versed in ADE and its (documented in these forums) problem areas, or don't trust us "customers" being honest enough to reset the Activation Count when we ask for it.  Hope this helps you in complaining to support.  Case closed - now down to some serious reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there.  are you able to reset my activation count so that I can resolve this problem with my adobe digital editions

as well?  account ID lorimadimason@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey can you reset my activation count also?? I have the same exact problem. I switched from a pc to a mac and now i can't authorize my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Safiyam...

please keep in mind that this thread is 8 years old.

I have the same problem (now) and get the idea that the workarounds from former days are not possible any more.

Otherwise please let me know (in this case I would like to be wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I too am getting the "too many activations" message.  Don't seem to be able to log a support case because I have not registered ADE.  I can't get the serial number to register it because when opening the program the first thing it tries to do is activate my computer.  So, if there is someone reading this who can help, it would be much appreciated.

The orginal problem for me was that although my computer and e-reader appeared to be activated, when trying to open an e-book recently transferred from ADE on my e-reader it gave me a message saying I had to active the device first.  So I de-activated the computer an e-reader and tried again a few times which led to the "too many activations" message.  Seriously, I wish I'd just bought the paperback.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can submit a web case (which is the only way to get support) by going to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and clicking on "Submit a web case"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Customer Support close my case today  after a week because they thought they "Solved" it, but still getting the same error. I am using Windows 7 Professional N laptop and an Onyx Boox. Case number 181305328.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

some weeks ago I open a supportcase at adobe for digital editions (german support). my errormessage to support was like this

"E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http:\\adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 1:1234:1234 urn:uuid:12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890ab"

my first answer by support was:

- which errormessage do you get?

- which programm do you want to activate?

- can you resolve the problem?

- which OS do you use?

I wrote an answer to support with the same errormessage and after 2 weeks they close my case.

Is there anyone, who knows Adobe Digital Editons at german support? First time they sent my case to USA and they solve the problem.

Regards Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the case #?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,

Case #0181237306

They have raised my activation for this case. I haven´t look anymore after I get an email by Adobe, that this case was closed. The email says that they "mean" that the case is solved and close the case. After this mail I thought, that this case was only closed. Sorry, but the first answer I get on my case (last post) is absolutely true.

Regards Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case I see that they sent the following message as a response on 11/05 22:35 (-8:00):

Sehr geehrter (Name redigiert)

gern haben wir den Sachverhalt für Sie überprüft. Die Anzahl der
Lizenzen für Ihr Produkt ADE wurde erhöht. Somit kann Ihr Produkt wieder aktiviert werden. 
Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gern zur Vefügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
(Name redigiert)
Adobe Technischer Support

Did you not see this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, i just saw it. and i already send them my ID, and the  Screen shot the exact ERROR that you are getting. thanks for been so responsible.

by the way, Is there any active limit? cause when i get my activation back, i'll use it carefully( i do reinstallation my computer alot ).

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim

sorry to bother you again.it is already been a week, i still didnt get respond from the support department, could you take care of my case?

my case number is

Case #0181321118

thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

As an apology for the poor state of our support I gave you back 2 activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim

could you help me also? i have the same problem, my case number is

Case #0181321118

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines