Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader Ext Help

Level 2

Hi.

I installed a fresh copy of LifeCycle and Reaader Ext ES.

Problem 1:

When Jboss startup, I see a whole bunch of "Found non-jar deployer for um.jar". What is this ??

Problem 2:

When server is up, I can only Reader Extend the form on the server itself. When I access the server using IE from a different machine, I can apply all usage rights through Reader Ext, but it does not want to download the form.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

PetPel

7 Replies

Employee

Problem 2:

When server is up, I can only Reader Extend the form on the server itself. When I access the server using IE from a different machine, I can apply all usage rights through Reader Ext, but it does not want to download the form.

>> This could be due to the version of flash plug-in that you have on this machine

Do you have the same version of flash on server and different machine?

--Santosh

Level 2

Server has version 9

My machine has version 10

I can do everything. Just after usage rights are applied it wants to download. Showing that blue bar running, but nothing happening. No error reports on the server side.

Employee

What's the version of LC that you have?

Ensure that you do not have beta version of Flash 10.

--Santosh

Former Community Member

When LC ES1 was released Flash 10 was not out. When Flash 10 was released it was determined that the Reader Extensions UI had issues with it. A patch was created and released so users could use Flash 10 with the Reader Extensions UI. So you hav two choices. Either use Flash 9 on your client or upgrade your server with teh Service Packs that have been released. You can get the Service Packs from the tech support website.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks.

Well it is impossible to get a full download of Flash version 9.

Could you please tell me exactly what patch I need to load?

Where can I find it? (URL)

Is the pacth for Flash or for Reader Ext?

Regards

Level 2

I have LC version 8.2.1

Flash is 10.0.32.18

I downloaded a small exe file and it done the install from the internet. How do I see if it is beta flash.