• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

want to change the begavior of index sort in webhelp

Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to change the behavior of index sort in webhelp. Which JavaScript file I need to modify.

Thanks in Advance,

Bala

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That depends on what you want to change:

- whihost.js

- whutils.js

- whibody.htm

- whidhtml.htm

- whiform.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thanks for the immediate response.

I want to sort the index term with respect to the configuration file and not in alphabetical order. I made the changes in "whidata0.xml". The output is not displaying properly.

In the attached screenshot blank lines are dispalyed instead of the index terms.

Thanks,

Bala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. A user can also search for a term in your index, so the sorting shouldn't have to be a problem. Also, sorting an index alphabetically makes sense to me. Every book I've ever read had an alphabetical index. I'd get confused if it used a different method.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to configure the webhelp output so that index sorting should be done as per the sorting order specified in external file. I am able to produce the sorted index items(sorted as per order specified in external) in whidata0.xml. For example, I need all the terms starting with 'T' at the top order. I have whidata0.xml in correct order as I want. But when I view the same in IE, it is inserting some blank spaces insted of terms. When I put them in correct alphabetic order, it is getting displayed correctly (i.e. without blank spaces),.

Thanks,

Bala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about a different approach? Create a topic with the index set out as you want. Turn off the index tab and create your own button that calls that page. It might be more work initially but maintenance should be reasonable and it give you full control.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp