• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substring is killing Search in one RH8 project

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a new one:  When I select the "Enable Substring Search" option in WebHelp, the published version Search is inoperable.  That is, the Search looks OK, but never produces results.  Any recommendations on how to fix this issue?

While I'm on the subject of Search, I recently performed a search that produced for me a link to a document that was used in the days of yore.  I have no clue where WebHelp is pulling this document from, therefore I have no clue how to remove it from the Search.

Did I mention we just upgraded to RH8 from RH7 this week?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned the version in the heading but not whether you have applied the patches. Try that first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patches?  Where are these?  I'm assuming this is something our IT area will need to handle.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden under Help > Updates.

You will need IT if you don't have local admin rights, otherwise you can do it yourself.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patch is in.  I've rebooted and republished.  No luck with the Search.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the search work in the generated help?

Are all the files getting to the publish location? Do you put them there or do the developers do that? Sometimes they think it is cool to reduce what gets put on the server and think the WH folders and files are not needed.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my Search looks like in the Generated view.  I'm not sure what it would look like on a "good" day, though.

Again, this only fails when I select "enable substring."  Search works fine when that is not selected.

Thank you, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you have turned on 508 compliance or Pure HTML in the wizard.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately neither of these are selected.  I wish it were that easy.  Do you think I will need to rebuild the project in order to have the substring search functionable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new webhelp layout first, not a duplicate and generate to a new folder. Your project is local I hope.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck with that trick.  Time for me to admit defeat.

Can you point me in the general direction of where to find the "ghost" document (see my original post)?  Thanks for all this input, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to show somewhere in Project Manager. A baggage file maybe?

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I was able to find it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp