• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Initializing LMS" message

Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish a module and then play it, I get the message "Initializing LMS" at the very beginning instead of (or sometimes in addition to) the preloader. I am not using an LMS, nor do I have access to one.

I dug around here in the forum and noticed that, while the issue has cropped up in several postings, there has not yet been a workaround posted for this issue. One poster suggesting modifying the .as file to either hide the message or modify the text of the message and I did try that, but as others mentioned, it didn't work. It had no affect at all actually.

So...anybody? 🙂

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin

Does this happen generically from a Published Captivate project? Or are you maybe using the Aggravator (I mean Aggregator) and seeing it when you run the aggregated content?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I was finally able to log into the forum and posted my question this

morning. I don't know what was up with the system yesterday. So sorry to

have troubled you with an email. This happens without the aggravator. I've

actually never used that feature. You can speak to this on the forum

instead of here if you prefer (for the benefit of the group).

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Karin

Hmmm, I didn't see an E-Mail from you, so checked and it appears there was a reply where you initially asked about Lectora? Sorry I missed seeing that.

Is this happening when you preview on your PC or only after loading it up to a Web Server? And what Preloader are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with or with the use of a preloader. (I typically use the default blue circle arrow thingie). It happens when viewing locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sorry to be so full of questions. Does it happen if you create a small brand spankin new project? If so, can you toss one together and share it here using attach function so we might see on our end?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that and it didn't happen. I guess it's sporadic, but I didn't have multiple projects going on to see that. I will try a few times today and see if I can come up with an example to post.

One strange thing I did notice is that, with one swf, when I placed it into another CP doc as an animation, the initial screen on the slide it was placed on actually showed the words "Initializing LMS." (In other words, without being played or previewed.) I would share that doc with you but I can't because it contains proprietary client info on the screen.

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you by any chance enabled Reporting in your project? The "Initializing LMS" should only occur if you have reporting enabled since it tries to establish communication with an LMS. If you aren't uploading your project to an LMS then just disable reporting alltogether.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Interestingly enough, if I disable the Reporting, the message DOES go away.

Hmmm.

OK...at least I know what is causing it to happen. I just wish I could be the one to decide IF it happens and/or be able to modify the displayed text.

But thanks!

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin

In a sense, you did decide if that happens when you enabled Reporting. For some reason, I thought that you had already stated you ensured that was turned off, which was why I was scratching my head and wondering why it was happening. But maybe I dreamed that bit.

Anyhoo, please note that it's not likely that anything will really change with respect to the abilities you mentioned. At least it won't unless you and everyone else that wants to see these options selectable reports it as a Wish to the developers. Link is always in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, Rick, got it. My confusion was that this was just an animation to be played in the actual module (in other words, a Captivate inside a Captivate). What I needed to do was record those types of modules WITHOUT reporting on. I only need reporting to beon during the main module.

Thanks,

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources