• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 WebHelp Pro - Search results show html code for apostrophes

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using RH7 with the latest patch so that we can publish our WebHelp Pro layout projects to RoboHelp Server 8.  When we do a search, any topic that has an apostrophe in the topic title returns the Html code for apostrophe in the Search pane. This is very annoying and I don't understand why it is happening for just apostrophes.

I've checked the source code and the apostrophe does not appear as html code.  This topic was created in RH7 and not imported from Word.

See attached topic html file along with 2 files that show topic source code and the search results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known problem. I see you have already posted this as a bug and rightly so. The only workaround is not to use apostrophes. BTW you should also be made aware that RH8 Server thinks very poorly on other special characters (e.g. &, < and >) in file names (not topic titles).

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp