• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A0018207 Error

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's going on here, but wanted to get down a preliminary discussion before I try any remedies.  I will keep this updated with my findings.

Problem:

Closed out Adobe ColdFusion Builder last evening - no issues.  Shut down my computer for the evening, again, without any noted discrepancies with "the norm."  When attempting to launch CF Builder this morning, I'm receiving a small pop-up error message for a program named "A0018207" which states: "The A0018207 executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."

A0018207_error_message.gif

As I stated, preliminary at this point.  I've not clicked the only button ("OK") yet.  I've searched Google with nothing worthwhile coming up for "ColdFusion A0018207" or "Eclipse A0018207."  In a search of the Adobe forums, the only thing close that I can find is http://forums.adobe.com/message/2190302 which discusses another "executable launcher" problem, but with Gumbo under Adobe's Flash Builder.

A search for the executable "a0018207.exe" has turned up only one candidate (exact match on the name) but it is located in a directory under a restore point within the System Volume Information (C:\System Volume Information\_restore-{AABE6867-4DB1-B0CE-2B8D1192C931}\RP71).  Curiously though, Windows has decided to display the file's icon as the blue-box Adobe ColdFusion icon.

A0018207_search.gif

Intersting note - when trying to find the version of CF Builder I am running to place in my "Setup" information below, I brought up CFBuilder.ini in the root install directory for CF Builder.  It reads:

-startup

plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar

--launcher.library

plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731

-vmargs

-Xmx512m

-Xms128m

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:PermSize=64m

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

-Duser.language=en

-Duser.country=US

I wonder if this is the "launcher" in question.  I'll have to do some looking into Eclipse too, I guess.

Plan:

Click OK.  I know, sounds stupid - but I like to know what I'm getting in to - not sure with this one.  If I can't load CF Builder or if it comes up, but things aren't working as they were then I'll try a reinstall of CF Builder and see what happens.

Setup:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 w/ SP2

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz

4GB RAM

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Clicked "OK."  CF Builder did NOT load.

Not good.  I will reinstall over the existing installation (without uninstalling).  We'll see what happens.  I'll post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InstallAnywhere application will not allow a reinstallation of CF Builder without uninstalling first. 

installer_uninstall_first.gif

Uninstalling first, then I'll reinstall.  Using a just-downloaded version (coldfusionbuilder_b2_install_win_100509.exe).  Simply overwrote the same which I'd downloaded earlier this week.

Attempted the uninstall by using the "Uninstall Adobe ColdFusion Builder" link in the Programs menu folder (Start menu) and this little gem popped up:

LaunchAnywhere_error.gif

Yaaaay!  This keeps getting better and better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Had to uninstall using Windows' Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel.  Reinstalled CF Builder and everything appears to be good.  CF Builder kept my RDS server settings (of course the settings are still there! - see this discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/533306?tstart=0).

Let's consider this one solved, but needs to be checked in to.

R. J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have got a similar error after deinstalling / reinstalling via the Windows Control Panel option.

😞

However I'll start a new thread (and cross reference back to here, too).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation