• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8 / IIS7 / ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm errorhandler not working

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We make use of ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm to do the login for our site. If the user/password provided is not found I do a cfthrow with a custom

error message that gets picked up by the errorHandler and updates the screen with the message "User not found". This worked fine till we upgraded

the server to IIS7. Now all I get is the "Internal Server Error."

I have googled the issue and searched these forums and found various threads about changing the errorMode or setting the existingResponse to passthrough in the IIS7 config. I have tried these and still not gotten anything to work. The only change I get is if I update the coldfusion config to

not pass in the HTTP error codes but in that case my error message simply becomes "OK". Not too helpful of a message.

My question is. Has anyone else run into these issues on IIS7 with Coldfusion 8 and if so, how did you configure the server to stop blocking the custom

errors? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What error message you get if you uncheck the "Show friendly HTTP error messages" in "Internet Options -> Advanced" ?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the same error message. Also Firefox and Chrome show the same messages. IIS7 is intercepting my custom errors and replacing it with their standard 500 error and for the life of me I cannot make it stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, Joecopely's reply in this thread, that might resolve your issue,

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/532051?tstart=30

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried his suggestions but had no luck. Maybe I'll just message him directly and see exactly what he did vs what I did.

Thanks for responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation