• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio missing in published projects

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 4 on a Windows XP machine. Audio was working fine in Captivate and in all published projects until several days ago. Now it has quit working in published projects (preview in browser and published projects) although it still works to preview slides within Captivate. I have read everything I can find on the forums on these issues and have tried the following suggestions:

1. Removing the Captivate folder from my Documents and Settings directory so that the default audio settings were restored.

2. Downloading the audio patch update through Help>updates

3. Installing the NSAudio.dll patch file

None of these things has made any difference. Desperately looking for a solution now... Anyone have any ideas what else I should try?

Thanks very much in advance,

Whitney

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whitney,

Perhaps a stupid question, but it happens a lot of time for me personally that I overlook the most obvious. Could you check the Preferences, Project, Publish settings if the option 'Include audio' is activated?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri:

Always good to double check the obvious, and yes, I did check into that in all projects and include audio is checked.

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also wanted to mention that I checked to make sure the mute audio button was not selected in the project...

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whitney,

It would seem to me that your source Captivate project file might have become corrupted. I would suggest that you try opening a new instance of Adobe Captivate, creating a new project file at the same dimensions; selecting all the slides in your original .cp file and try copying and pasting these into your new project. Having done that, try publishing the new file and see if that solves the problem.

If not, then try exporting all of the audio files - you can do that via the Library panel - and play each of the WAV or MP3's in something like Media Player to make sure that the audio hasn't become damaged in one of your audio files.

HTH

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark:

Thanks very much for the ideas. I had thought that might be a possibility so I did export the audio already and check it in another program and it works fine. I have also created 3 brand new captivate projects and imported different audio into each one and the same thing is happening in all of them. It seems like it must be something in the Publish settings that is doing this, but I can't figure out what it is...

Is it something that maybe I should uninstall Captivate for and then re-install to return original settings?

Thanks again,

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whitney

If you want to zip up the small test where things aren't working for you and upload as an attachment, I'll be happy to download and test on my end to see if I get the same behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick:

Thanks so much for your offer. I think I finally found out what was going on. I ran a virus and spyware scan, found a few critters on there, then rebooted and everything is now working. Perhapst this is what was doing it for some reason...?

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, glad you got it sorted!

I suppose it could have really been anything. Perhaps you just needed to reboot. Perhaps it was related to critters. I'd personally be surprised if that were it.

My personal vote goes for either phase of the moon or sunspots...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thinking back on it I may not have rebooted after I installed the NSAudio.dll file. I may have just gone back in and tried all these things over again. Could that have been the issue?

Whitney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Whitney,

Yes, if the dll was not registered correctly this would explain why the audio was missing. I had an incident last year where I couldn't hear audio on preview and nor could I import audio. Even when we tried to manually register the dll's they stiill wouldn't take. In the end a member of the Adobe support team manually rebuilt the registry on my computer remotely using an Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional meeting room.

Man it was fun watching Adobe tweak my computer registry 🙂

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources