Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with Reader Extending during render.

Level 2

I have a process that uses a custom renderer which pre-populates some fields on a form and then reader extends the form for the users.  The problem I am having is that when the process is initially invoked, the renderer works fine, and users using Adobe Reader can fill out the form.  But if some one else attempts to invoke the process while another user is using it, the form that is rendered is not reader extended and tells the user that the form has been reader extended, but that the form has been changed.

So basically, if one person is using the process everything works great.  If more than one person is using the form, then one person will work, while the others will not....

I'm attaching an LCA of the process.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Which version of LiveCycle Server are you using?

I cannot look at this until tomorrow but I have never seen this behaviour before.

Paul

Former Community Member

I cannot run your process here because of the database connectivity that you have in there. I suggest that you record/playback the process to see where it is failing. Is there any information in the log after the 2nd user tries to do use it?

Paul

Level 2

That's the thing.  There doesn't seem to be a problem in the process.  If I review the recording everything looks good.  Even after the 2nd person invokes the process.  What I've noticed today, is that there seems to be a brief moment, after the form is rendered, when the form is Reader Extended (I was able to tell this by having adobe reader highlight form fields.)  Then it flashes and you get the message stating the form has been modified, and when you click ok, the form is not reader extended and cannot be filled out.  On the process side, everything looks good. It goes through the render process without having any problems.  That's why this is so confusing.  Initially the people using the process thought that only one person at a time could access the process but that shouldn't be correct right?

Mike

Level 2

Paul - to simulate the issue you need not run the full process.  Simply click on the eCard for the process from either two computers, with two different users, and one form should render correctly and the other should pop up with the message.  No need to go any further than this.

Former Community Member

Yes multiple users can use it ..... I modified the renderer to bypass the web services for department and it worked fine for me. I was able to get three users connected at the same time. I wonder if it has anything to do with the ARES cert that you have. Can you try it without the Reader Extension service just to see if that is the problem?

Paul

Level 2

Okay looks like you are right, Paul.  I removed the Reader Extend step from the render process, and I'm not getting the error message anymore.  But I do need this for reader extended becasue there are certain web services being invoked within the form and with reader extending the form it will not work properly for users who only have Adobe Reader. 

The version of the software running on the server is ARE Production V6.1 P17 ID10073.  Any idea as to why this is happening on forms that have been extending during the render process?

Mike

Former Community Member

It could be the cert that was obtained for this. Where did you get it...as I mentioned it worked fine on my machine and I have a production  worthy cert that I am using.

Paul

Level 2

The cert came from Adobe.  It should be production also.

Former Community Member

I woudl open an incident with Technical Support ....I have never seen this happen before. Maybe they have ....

it is very strange though.

Paul

Level 2

I have placed a trouble ticket with Adobe.  Case Id is 181326287.

Thanks for your help.