• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gobally toggle Variable field

Explorer ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading to RH7 from RH5. I want to create and use variables. During the tedious process of replacing text with variables, I would like to see all replacements show up using the variable name (eg. {ProductName}) and not the value. Is there a global setting for this? I have only managed to do so individually and manually.
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The variables appear in a green font in our environment.

Also, when we initially set-up variables, we set their values to their names. For example, CompanyName = CompanyName. Only later did we fill in the actual desired values.

We managed to run a careful search-and-replace on all of our files, to replace text with variables. It took some trial and error, but it did work in the end. It was a lot faster than doing this manually, that is for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Adobe are aware of this requirement but please follow this link and add your name. The more people who shout, the more likely we are to get it implemented.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Peter, I've done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp