Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Using Active MQ with ES2 Turnkey

Level 2

I'm trying to send a JMS message from an ES2 workflow, and have hit a problem I just can't solve.  I've embedded an ActiveMQ broker in JBoss, and exposed it through the JNDI context (I followed the instructions here: http://activemq.apache.org/integrating-apache-activemq-with-jboss.html).  In workbench, I'm able to see both my Queue and QueueConenctionFactory via JNDI, and have used them to configure a 'Send Message To Queue' process.  Whenever I run the process, however, I see the following trace in the logs:

2009-12-09 11:46:12,058 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterLocal.doSupports(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionCallback) throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException, causedBy:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.adobe.livecycle.jms.JMSService.sendMessageToQueue(JMSService.java:251)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:357)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:227)

To try and debug the problem, I added a BeanShell script before the send operation to validate that the QCF is available in JNDI - this appears to be the case.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies

Level 10

Did you configure the JMS service?

Go in the Component view in Workbench and right-click and select Edit Service Configuration under JMS\Actives Services\JMS:1.0.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

I've verified that this is already configured...both the initial context factory and the JNDI provider URL are set and correct.