Exit

Cp4 - on success open URL/file - exe thinks my local htm file is a URL

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have an odd question.

I've built a Cp project that serves as an into and launchpad for further Cp lessons.

I couldn't get 'On Success ... Open Project' to work on my click boxes - the published project couldn't find the exported projects, and the cp file kept on putting different projects from the recently used list in place of the target.

So I instead made them 'On Success ... Open URL/File' and typed the absolute reference to the htm file for the other projects.

When I exported the launchpad project as swf+htm+js all works fine, the lessons open fine.

However, I'd like to have CD autorun for this project, so I decided to recompile the launchpad project as an .exe

The problem is, although I've made no changes to the project, the compiled exe tries to open http://myprojectname.htm in the web browser instead of myprojectname.htm

Which of course fails.

Any idea why, and what I can do about it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem when I had to publish SWFs/HTMs for Web deployment and EXEs for CD delivery.  As I recall, I had make copies of the CPs (for the EXE pub) and created "Open Project" links.  When I published as EXEs, all was right with the world.  Try it and let me know if it works for you. --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources