Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random rltxxx.htm topics

Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I have temporary files named rlt2ED6.htm, rlt20BD.htm, rlt3680.htm, etc, which are in effect, copies or earlier versions of topic files in the same folder. Some are multiple versions of the same topic. The rlt files are included in the unused files list, and not included in the .fpj list of topics for that folder.

1. What is causing the rlt files to generate in the first place (so I can avoid that behavior)?
  2. Are extra measures needed, or can I just delete them in Windows Explorer?
  3. Have rlt files been implicated in other RoboHelp issues?

Thanks in advance - your insight is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Hi there

RLT files are created when you preview. To confirm this, clear all rlt files, then preview a topic and look in your project location.

How they get left behind is a bit of a mystery. My gut says that perhaps something went wrong. Bad link or whatever and the topic unexpectedly closed. This may have left behind the orphaned RLT topic and RoboHelp failed to clean up after itself.

At any rate, they should be totally safe to blow away. Just nuke em.

They have been present for several versions of

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2009 Dec 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

RLT files are created when you preview. To confirm this, clear all rlt files, then preview a topic and look in your project location.

How they get left behind is a bit of a mystery. My gut says that perhaps something went wrong. Bad link or whatever and the topic unexpectedly closed. This may have left behind the orphaned RLT topic and RoboHelp failed to clean up after itself.

At any rate, they should be totally safe to blow away. Just nuke em.

They have been present for several versions of RoboHelp HTML. I'd be hard pressed to tell you exactly what version began creating them.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp