Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Questions

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML Version 8

I'm sorry if this has been raised before, but in searching the forums I haven't been able to find any reference to this.

I have two questions regarding image maps:

1. My image maps are linked to other topics which display in auto-sizing popups or custom-sized pop-ups. Is there any way that either of these outputs can be manipulated by the end user; that is, is there any way I can allow them to move the pop-up to another location in the window so they have more control over what they see under the pop-up?
  2. All my topics have breadcrumbs. Is there any way I can get rid of the breadcrumbs in my image map pop-ups?

As always - thanks for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] I believe you want to be able to allow the user to drag the popup so that they can drop it anywhere on the screen but still have it visible. If so, nothing built in and I have not seen anyone ask for that or post a method. I can see the attraction though so I would certainly suggest you post it as a feature request. Please follow this link. http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Assuming you want something quicker you would need to find a javascript method and maybe seek the help of your developers.

2] You need to use master pages. One with breadcrumbs and one without.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't played with image maps in ages, but maybe you could define a secondary window and open the image map links in that window, instead of a pop-up? If this is possible, the users would have to close the window manually, but they'd be able to move it around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp