• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 loads project but unable to access any topics

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my project loads into RH7 am unable to work on any project files at all. The project tree will randomly disappear with a constant egg timer displayed. I have to close robohelp which will then crash everytime it exits.

I do have an offline copy of exactly the same project which is fortunate to a point as it works fine. The version that i am having issues with is the active version i use within Visual Source Safe.

I have performed a difference check on both directories and everything is an exact match apart from a VSS file ( vssver2.scc). I coppied this file from my project that does work and replaced the version in the project that does not work but still no joy.

I do not use robohelp source control. I check my source files out manually however, it seems somehow that Robohelp is trying to use source control.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008
I check the files out to my local hard drive direct from Source Safe. i.e. i do not use the source control that Robohelp provides. Lets just say it didnt work well for me!

I have had a degree of success though Colum. I can now access the help and i am not 100% sure as to how!

I uninstalled the RH Source control software as you suggested and after performing a couple of get latest from Source Safe i could finally open the help. I can only guess that somehow the RH source control software (alth...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flyingzard.

Do you have RoboSource Control installed and active? If you don't want to use it, uninstall it and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I appreciate your reply.

I do not use source control although i did have it installed but not active.

I have now uninstalled it and the vssver2.scc is no longer generated. However the same symptoms still exist whereby I cannot access any project topics at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you check out your files, do you put them on a hard drive? Also I'm assuming that when you said you "manually" check out files, you mean you a third party source safe product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I check the files out to my local hard drive direct from Source Safe. i.e. i do not use the source control that Robohelp provides. Lets just say it didnt work well for me!

I have had a degree of success though Colum. I can now access the help and i am not 100% sure as to how!

I uninstalled the RH Source control software as you suggested and after performing a couple of get latest from Source Safe i could finally open the help. I can only guess that somehow the RH source control software (although not being used) somehow caused this....

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp