• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playing captivate movies in Peoplesoft LMS trouble

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Captivate 4 movie and it was posted to a PeopleSoft LMS.  I registered and was able to 'launch" the movie.  However, I can only view the movie with Scroll Bars.  The students must see the movie in a  "single screen view", without scroll bars.

I tried 3 different recording sizes, but I still can't get the movie to play without scroll bars.  I am very frustrated! and need help.

I published in SCORM.  Could that be the problem?  I don't have access to a PeopleSoft technical resource, even though I have tried to find one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to take into account a lot of parameters to choose the right resolution:

• at which resolution the screens are set
  • how many pixels are left in the window opened in the LMS when showing a CP-movie
  • if you use a playbar, be aware that the needed pixels are added to your movie-resolution, about 20 pixels in the height for a horizontal playbar
  • if you use the TOC, separate mode, 250 pixels are added to the width

Mostly I choose a resolution of about 790 x 540, I'm using a separate TOC, no playbar. Our LMS is based on Blackboard.

If you only load the SWF (not starting from the HTML) one can rescale the window it opens in, but you loose some functionality for the CP-SWF.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Unfortunately, the LMS window that displays on the students PC is "not adjustable", by the students.

I was hoping to find someone who has actually published a Captivate movie to a PeopleSoft LMS and was able to view the movie in a single screen view (no scroll bars).  We have had the LMS for 5 years, and no one has ever put a Captivate movie on the system.  People have tried, but no one has succeeded.  I got very close, but still not successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Unfortunately, the LMS window that displays on the students PC is "not adjustable", by the students.

I was hoping to find someone who has actually done this. We have had the LMS for 5 years, and no one has ever put a Captivate movie on the system.

Larry

443-738-7407

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources