• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining HTML Projects

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created two complete Help systems; now my client wants them to be part of a single CHM file. Can I do this with RoboHelp 7.x?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peter Grange's site (see one of his posts for his website) has a

topic about merged help projects. Check it out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I note that you are really talking about combining projects not merging as was suggested earlier.

Merging will certainly provide the illusion that you are dealing with a single help system, but will in fact keep the help systems as separate entities.

Unfortunately RoboHelp offers no feature that says take project A and project B and combine them to create project C. This doesn't mean it cannot be achieved. It simply means you have some work ahead of you in order to make it happen.

Basically what you do is to either create a totally new third project, then import the files from the other two in order to create the larger combined project. Or, you would choose one of the two and import the content from the other into the first in order to create the larger project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for threadomancing, but I figure it might be better to use an existing thread than starting another one!

Rick, when you say "import", what exactly does that refer to?

I ask because I've been wanting to merge several of our smaller projects into our main one - they link to it anyways and they're so small that they really don't warrant being separate projects.

AFAIK, the import options in RH7 are by file type (e.g. import HTML files, import Word files). So I could import all the topic files easily, but no idea how to import any of the relevant support and related files from the other projects, nor how to import in a way that would retain the existing TOC structure of the smaller projects.

Can I just "manually" copy and paste them over through Windows Explorer? Would that cause RH to freak-out since the changes weren't done through RH itself?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would import the topic files but as you say this would not update the other files (e.g. toc, index, etc.). You could manually update these in notepad or something like that if you know what you are doing. Take a backup first though.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp