• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OK, I Love it.

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after playing with the command line version of RC5 for the last 6 hours I have to say I love this tool.

Run lots of differents test on all, and parts of a flex 4 application thats about 8 months into development and the information returned has been really helpful.

I was amazed at the number of 'todo' items I had totally forgotten about (things I knew needed doing but hadnt been written up as tasks, and had just fallen out of my head), looking at the test outputs has reminded me of loads. Generally the experience has been extreamly positive.

As soon as it's running in Eclipse and I can double click on a file in a report and jump right to the line in question this will be outstnadingly useful.

all in all Im well chuffed (just in case your not from the UK, being 'well chuffed' is good lol, thought maybe it would be best to clarify that one.)

so thanks guys and keep it coming.

glenn

tinylion uk

TOPICS
FlexPMD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it has been usefull for you and your project.

If you want some sneak peaks about the Flash Builder plugin, follow myself and Xavi Beumala on Twitter (@xagnetti @xbeumala).

PS: Thanks for the translation of "chuffed"...

Xavier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following your work closely.

I think the more of these type of tools we have the better.

I've downloaded the latest build and installed the plug-in into builder 4. Good start.

I am having some problems with adding the nature to project that are already quite large. This is understandable though. PMD just seems to be taking a LONG time to work through the project and sometimes Im not sure if it's still working away in the background of has crashed.

What's you're advice on this use case?

My ideal, would be to run PMD with all rules once over the whole codebase, then just have it re-check files that change maybe on save or on incremental build.  Also it would be nice if a running count was saved letting us graph the number of problems over time.

What are you future plans for the plug-in. Where do you see it going, what are your plans for the future? (not holding you to any of them of course, just a chat no promises 🙂

anyway, so far so good.

glenn

ps - may be typo's - only been awake 20 mins. yet to have first coffee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Glenn,

My ideal, would be to run PMD with all rules once over the whole codebase, then just have it re-check files that change maybe on save or on incremental build. 

When adding the nature to a project it works this way. When running an incremental build FlexPMD is only run against modified files, when doing a clean build FlexPMD is run against the entire project.

I am having some problems with adding the nature to project that are already quite large. This is understandable though. PMD just seems to be taking a LONG time to work through the project and sometimes Im not sure if it's still working away in the background of has crashed.

What's you're advice on this use case?

If instead of running FlexPMD as a nature you run it in the source folder (right-click in the folder FlexPMD > Run ) Does it take so long as well? have you tried running it from the command line? Does it last the same time? With the nature once you've initially built the project FlexPMD should run very fast since it should only be run on the some certain files. Are you seeing this behavior?

Also it would be nice if a running count was saved letting us graph the number of problems over time.

This would be a nice addition, feel free to log it in as an enhancement 🙂 At the moment you could get this integrating FlexPMD in Hudson.

As per the future, here are some of the things we have in mind:

- Bug fixing and code base improvement

- Code metrics plugin

- Ability to set preferences at the project level not at the workspace level

If you have anything in mind you'd like to see let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines