• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PMD View blank in Flash Builder Beta 2 Standalone

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the instructions on the wiki I downloaded the plugin through the help menu in FB from here: http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flexpmd/plugin/trunk/flex-pmd-eclipse-plugin-site

Plugin is configured in preferences with the following settings:

FlexPMD command line installation: /Users/{myName}/Tools/FlashBuilder_Plugins/flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1.0.1/flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar

FlexPMD custom ruleset: (blank)

Java command line: java -Xmx256m

FlexCPD command line installation: /Users/{myName}/Tools/FlashBuilder_Plugins/flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1.0.1/flex-pmd-cpd-command-line-1.0.jar

Minimum tokens: 25

When I select a folder and say 'Run FlexPMD' it opens the FlexPMD view but there is no output.

Currently testing on an actionscript only file. Does the project have to use MXML?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FlexPMD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here,

I am using the latest drop of flash builder - 262635 (I am on the prerelease program). I am using the plugin with Eclipse 3.5.

CPD works very well (and surprisingly fast), but PMD shows no output with rule set blank. I have no custome ruleset to test against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you make sure you download FlexPMD 1.0.1 from http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flexpmd/maven-repository/release/com/adobe/ac/flex-pmd/1.0/flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1.0.1.zip

I see you're using /fle x-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar instead of 1.0.1

This should fix your issue.

Cheers

Xavi Beumala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having the same problem. CPD works, but PMD shows an empty view. (FB3).

I downloaded the sipfile you mentioned, but not sure how you recognized him using the 1.0 instead of 1.0.1 because all the files are still named xxx-1.0.jar, even in the 1.0.1 zipfile. Is that ok?

Regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

you're right, files have the 1.0 naming.

Can you give me some further details on your environment? FB version and eclipse version?

Can you see the "running FlexPMD" process message in the bottom right corner?

Is the nature also failing or is only the "run flexPMD" right-click action?

If you open "error log" view on Windows > Show views > Other > Error log can you see any error in there?

Thanks

Xavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue in Flex Builder 3 Standalone Version: 3.0.205647.

FlexCPD runs fine, right-click FlexPMD, I can briefly see the green progress status in bottom corner, but nothing happens. I downloaded the 1.0.1 zip, but all file names are 1.0. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more info:

- the green running bar blinks for .5 seconds

- Command line running of flexpmd works great

- flexCPD works through the pluging (including the view)

- add FlexPMD nature works

- cannot seem to find the error log view

- Using Flex builder 3 build 3.0.2.214193

- Eclipse version: 3.3.1.R33x_r20070911-_19UEkpF-B7Uh2hKy75y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add flexPMD nature and compile can you see FlexPMD violations in the standard error view?

Are you in FB standalone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added FlexPMD Nature, compiled and have no errors

Using FlexBuilder 3 stand-alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only error view I can turn on, is the normal Flex Builder "problems" view. Nothing is shown there.

I am in Flex builder standalone yes.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with no errors beeing returned, just a empty view. I'm running osx 10.5 (intel) with Flash Builder beta 2 (eclipse 3.4.0). And of course with the latest plugin version 1.0.1.  PMD does not work but the find cut/paste works perfect.

But I suspect that this is a workspace specific bug, beacuse I hooked up pmd on another workspace and it worked perfectly. So finally I tested to remove my current workspace (the one where pmd did not start) and create a new one from scratch, but pmd still wouldnt run. It's wierd.

Cheers

/ Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting blank view panels. Errors/warning/info showing fine in the problems panel

using lastest version of everything as far as i know.

screen shot so you can see what i mean. also noticed in outline panel, on docs there's an icon, on my version its a "monitorize' button. see pic

really like what you have done so far, and looking forward to the future of this tool. Already finding it usefull

cheers

glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

looking at your screenshot I can only see 1 error. The outline view should display the errors in your active editor. We have a known issue that if FlexPMD is executed while file is opened the outline View won't be updated the first time.

A part from that everything else looks fine to me. Remember that when you run FlexPMD as a nature FlexPMD view won't display anything. FlexPMD view is only used when FlexPMD is executed manually.

Regarding the icon issue I've logged a bug for it: http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-123

Cheers

Xavi Beumala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried adding the nature to another workspace as well, no luck for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Martin I've filled in a new bug in Jira regarding the workspace problem you're experiencing http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-124

Please, can you add any further information you have as well as the workspace logs so that I can have a look please? You can find the logs in the your workspace root folder under ./metadata/.log If possible clean up the log file, launch eclipse and try to add pmd nature and clean your project.

Thanks

Xavi Beumala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@devertex @Ben @odoenet @scruffpuff

I've discovered an issue that might end up not running / displaying FlexPMD results. If your preferences point to a wrong jar or to a bad location the plugin will fail silently. I don't think this is the case for @scruffpuff but it's worth you all check your preferences params. The most important one is FlexPMD command line installation which should point to flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar

If this doesn't fix the problems, which I guess won't for all of you, could you please run eclipse from the command line with the -debug option?

Win: eclipse.exe -debug

OSX: {eclipse_folder}/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse -debug

Then right-click in a source folder an execute FlexPMD > Run FlexPMD

After that you should see some information in the console with further information on what's failing. Could you paste the information here?

I've logged in a bug and an ehancement request:

FlexPMD fails silently:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-125

Improve installation process / user experience:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-126

Cheers

Xavi Beumala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my output from FlashBuilder debug.

Application Started: 20997

2009-12-13 20:26:03.824 FlashBuilder[71219:10b] Error loading /Library/Contextual Menu Items/StuffItCM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/StuffItCM:  dlopen(/Library/Contextual Menu Items/StuffItCM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/StuffItCM, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/Library/Contextual Menu Items/StuffItCM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/StuffItCM: mach-o, but wrong architecture

2009-12-13 20:26:03.824 FlashBuilder[71219:10b] Cannot find function pointer MyCMPluginFactory for factory 02E3F072-9CCB-11D5-A0B2-00306575F8A2 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x4d3c6a40 </Library/Contextual Menu Items/StuffItCM.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

Dec 13, 2009 8:26:07 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD process

INFO: java -Xmx256m -jar /Applications/flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1/flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar -s /Users/martinsandstrom/workspaces/***/*********/*******/src -o /var/folders/+G/+GG-a7t-Fu4gIp8SXBVd6E+++TI/-Tmp-/flexpmd8949488189652837549dir

Dec 13, 2009 8:26:07 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.utils.cli.ErrorLogDevice log

WARNING: 2009-dec-13 20:26:07 com.adobe.ac.pmd.commandline.FlexPMD areCommandLineOptionsCorrect

WARNING: ALLVARLIG: Usage: java com.adobe.ac.pmd.commandline.FlexPMD (-s|--sourceDirectory) <sourceDirectory> (-o|--outputDirectory) <outputDirectory> [(-r|--ruleSet) <ruleSet>] [(-e|--excludePackage) <excludePackage>]

SEVERE: /var/folders/+G/+GG-a7t-Fu4gIp8SXBVd6E+++TI/-Tmp-/flexpmd8949488189652837549dir/pmd.xml (No such file or directory)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

looking at your code, the interesting / important part is:

INFO: java -Xmx256m -jar /Applications/flex-pmd-all-in-one-bundle-1/flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar -s /Users/martinsandstrom/workspaces/***/*********/*******/src -o /var/folders/+G/+GG-a7t-Fu4gIp8SXBVd6E+++TI/-Tmp-/flexpmd8949488189652837549dir

WARNING: ALLVARLIG: Usage: java com.adobe.ac.pmd.commandline.FlexPMD (-s|--sourceDirectory) <sourceDirectory> (-o|--outputDirectory) <outputDirectory> [(-r|--ruleSet) <ruleSet>] [(-e|--excludePackage) <excludePackage>]

It looks like the problem comes from /Users/martinsandstrom/workspaces/***/*********/*******/src Is there any white space in this path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, I had to censor it for client purposes

But yes, it contains a space. To be more exact, the workspace name contains a space, like this = "workspace 2".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've filled in the bug http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-127

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great. Will do a re-checkout of my troubling project tomorrow morning and see how it goes, i'm sure it will work like a charm.

Great findings everyone!

/ M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a similar error on Windows 7 Pro.

It looks like it's trying to write to an output directory in my user directory, but can't. So, I have FlexBuilder 3 and the SDK Command Prompt both set to run as administrator and still no go. I moved the FlexPMD command files to my FlexBuilder 3 plug-ins folder and no go.

All the temp folders it attempted to make are empty.

Thanks.

Dec 13, 2009 12:22:12 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD process

INFO: java -Xmx256m -jar C:\Flex\flexpmd\flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar -s C:\Users\odoe\Documents\Flex Builder 3\WDORS -o C:\Users\odoe\AppData\Local\

Temp\flexpmd42452dir

Dec 13, 2009 12:22:13 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.utils.cli.ErrorLogDevice log

WARNING: Dec 13, 2009 12:22:13 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.commandline.FlexPMD areCommandLineOptionsCorrect

Dec 13, 2009 12:22:13 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.utils.cli.ErrorLogDevice log

WARNING: SEVERE: Usage: java com.adobe.ac.pmd.commandline.FlexPMD (-s|--sourceDirectory) <sourceDirectory> (-o|--outputDirectory) <outputDirectory> [(

-r|--ruleSet) <ruleSet>] [(-e|--excludePackage) <excludePackage>]

Dec 13, 2009 12:22:13 PM com.adobe.ac.pmd.eclipse.flexpmd.cmd.FlexPMD process

SEVERE: C:\Users\odoe\AppData\Local\Temp\flexpmd42452dir\pmd.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@odoenet

Your problem seems to be the same regarding the spaces. There're spaces in the path of your workspace: C:\Users\odoe\Documents\Flex Builder 3\

The log is not explicit about that and it says the pmd folder doesn't exist, but the cause problem comes from the spaces... Can you try executing PMD in a project / workspace without spaces?

Cheers

Xavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Switching to a workspace with no spaces and works great!

Posted earlier before finishing reading the current replies.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I found the problem. I tried to create a new workspace with a space in the path and I got the error. I tried to find some secret config in the .metadata folder without result. Maybe it's in the plugin that the path is not converted form "/path to/" to "/path\ to/" or the oposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines