Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pagination issues in Word output from RoboHelp HTML 8

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're generating a Word document from our online help (RoboHelp HTML 8) with MS Word 2003 installed. The page numbers inserted automatically are wrong in that it's skipping numbers. For example, in scrolling down through the document, the page number after 95 is 97. Sections of the doc are paginated correctly, but then we come to a few pages where it skips a number in assigning page numbers. Some of our users have MS Word 2003 and others have 2007, but the pagination issue is occurring in both versions of Word. (BTW, I'm developing WebHelp Pro on Windows XP.)

Today when I clicked in the Word TOC and pressed F9 to regenerate, it corrected some of the pagination problems but not all (go figure).

Is there a patch I need to download or anything?

Thank you!

Mendonite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the unnumbered pages have any content? This is ringing a vague bell and it was a Word issue related to blank pages.

Have you actually printed the document?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you may have mis set a Printed Doc generation settering or 2.

I believe that some combintation of the

1. start topic in a new page
  2. and start on odd pages may be your problem.

Fiddle a little with those settings and see it that helps. See screen shot below.

Ciao

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp