• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when pressing F1 in messageboxes

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a .net windows application.

I expected users to press F1 in the main screens.  These are the forms modified during design time to contain the proper index numbers for the Help file.  However one of the users pressed F1 in our of our error messagebox.  This is the dialog box that opens when you use Messagebox.Show().  I was expecting for the Help file to appear and be opened in the index of the form.  But instead we got the error "Help URL '' is not valid.  Parameter name: url."

Please advise.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds like your developer doesn't know how to code the link?

There really isn't anything you need to do with it (unless you are the developer of the app) as this is the responsibility of the application developer.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.

I actually am the developer of the application and I am working with another person on coming up with the Help file.

The Help file comes up fine when F1 is pressed on the screens/forms.  It's only when F1 is pressed on the messageboxes that we get the error.  Since the messageboxes are not design time objects, I am at a lost as to why the index of the screen where it was triggered from is not sent to the Help file.

Is there a setting somewhere that we can set in Robohelp for something like a default URL of sorts?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Unfortunately there is nothing I'm aware of that could be done in RoboHelp to make any change. What you are asking is similar to asking someone how to climb inside a Taxi, not tell the driver anything and expecting him to know where you live and take you there.

There has to be some sort of code somewhere in the application where you specify the help call. RoboHelp doesn't know a message box from a soap box. It simply creates content that applications link to.

Sorry. I do understand that I'm not being very helpful here. But you need to be asking this question of other application developers. Not of help developers. The vast majority of us have no clue about the codes needed in order to summon help. We just know it happens and the way it happens is different for each development environment. (C, C+, C++, C#, DotNet, etc)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp