• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing word document with linked images in Robohelp 8

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone with the right procedure to import a word document with linked images.

Even with a path : Images/filename the link is broken in Robohelp.

I can't change all paths at the same time with the Edit>Find and replace in files option. I have to correct the path for each image one by one !

Thanks for helping me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a Word document, the images in it have to be embedded images.

Could you create a copy of the Word document and then convert the images to embedded images?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Since I work at a customer's office, I couldn't reply before because it took me some times to perform the tests.

I tried to embed the images in Word before importing the document into Robohelp 8. The problem remains. RH creates the images into a new folder (and names the images "image001", "image002", and so on). Therefore, the link with the original images is lost.

So, if we modify the image linked to the Word document, we are obliged to apply the same changes in the images created by RH.

The idea would be to have only one image folders used both by RH and Word so that if we change our images, the changes apply in all our files.

This option was available in RH x5.

Best Regards,

Isabelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you are the same person who started this thread, I think you have missed the point of my reply. I am reading your reply as saying that because the images now have a different name, they are no longer linked to the original document and so you still have the same problem. What I am saying is that you cannot work with a document that has linked images.

I cannot check right now but are you saying that importing into X5 did work when the document had linked images?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp