Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re:adobe reader and acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any difference between adobe reader and acrobat . if so please let me know at my email id too: meetvinessh@yahoo.com.
i am facing a problem in my web application where in on entering the data on to the application i need to get a pdf file in the web browser , but at certain time i could see the following message ."Cannot use Adobe Reader to view PDF in your web browser .Reader will exit now. Please try again". I have adobe reader in my machine.Do i need to make any settings in the IE . if so please let me know
Please suggest in this issue

Regards,
Vinesh
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Vinesh

Firstly, I'm thinking you have wandered into the wrong community. You are asking a question about Acrobat and this community is focused on Adobe Captivate. If you want to ask further questions about Acrobat, you should consider asking in the Acrobat community. You may do so by clicking the link below:

Click here to visit the Acrobat community

Now for the gist of what you asked. There is a huge difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat. One uses Acrobat as the application used to create content that is later viewed by someone with the basic Acrobat reader. The reader is a free download for all. You have to purchase Acrobat in order to create content that you produce for the reader to present.

Hopefully that makes a bit of sense. If not, try posting the same question over in the Acrobat forums and see what someone replies with.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources