Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can assets be images of type jpeg,gif,Tiff,etc... ?

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am working  on ES2.

I am able to take PDF file as form to the  my  process. Here  my  new requirement is   in addition to  pdf  I need to take all types  of  images

say jpeg,gif, and Tiff  as  input to my  process.  But I am not able to do that bcas Workbench only  takes *.pdf as input.

If you have other extensions  expect  pdf,  while   taking the asset into the  start activity, I  could  not  find that  file in the  application.

Please help me in this regard how  workbench takes  all image files as inputs into  the  process.

Thanks

Praveen.

7 Replies

Level 8

You can pass any data to a process as input. Use a document variable to store the binary representation of a file.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/000471.html

What specifically are you trying to do with the image files? Use them as input to a service operation?

scott

Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reply.

Yes  you are right. I  have to use  image  files as  input to  the service operation.

Let me try your notes.

Thanks

Praveen.

Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

Scott, I tried  but  I could not able to render the  image  file as form   in the workspace.

Please let me know how can I take the image as input   to the  process so that  we will get that image as form

in the workspace.

Please let me know ... I have to wrap it up ASAP.

Waiting  your  reply.

Thanks

Praveen.

Level 8

I don't quite understand. Are you using an image as the form? Or are you including an image in a form?

Are you using LiveCycle ES2?

scott

Level 8

I used a JPEG file as the form for an Assign Task operation (User 2.0 service), and it worked (LiveCycle ES2)

1. Add the JPEG to the application
  2. Create a document variable and select the JPEG asset as the default value.
  3. In the Assign Task properties, in the Presentation and Data group, select "use a document variable" and then select the document variable.

If you are using LiveCycle ES, you probably have to convert the JPEG to a PDF and then use that.

scott

Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes   I  have to use as image file as form  to the process.

I am using  Adobe LC ES2.

Let  me explian my  requirement :  I have  scanned image   and  need to use that image as input to the process i mean image as form  to the process.

I will invoke the process then  scanned image should come as form  in the  workspace .

Please help in this regard.

Thanks

Praveen.

Level 8

Hi Praveen,

I summarized the steps in my last comment. But here is where you can read about it:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/CreatingTasks.html#1032920

scott