• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for windows 7

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a flashplayer for Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit because i can't play games or go on you tube without it and are adobe making one?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following link to another thread may be helpful to you.http://forums.adobe.com/thread/538596?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To KurtF09, following is a thread that has some additional information that might be helpful

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2203267#2203267  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it supports Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition, because that's what I use. But you need to use the 32-bit edition of Internet Explorer. To do that, click the Windows Start button and do a search for Internet Explorer. Then click "Internet Explorer." Do NOT click "Internet Explorer (64-bit)." Pin the "Internet Explorer" icon to your start menu so you will be sure to use Internet Explorer 32-bit in the future, and not Internet Explorer 64-bit, which Flash Player does not support. To make sure you are using Internet Explorer 32-bit, on any web page click the question mark near the upper right-hand corner and click "About Internet Explorer." On the popup if you don't see any note for 64-bit, then you are okay. (I don't know what the 256-bit cipher strength is, but ignore it. Nor will you see anything about "32-bit." You just want to make sure you don't see "64-bit.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add to my preceding post, to be more specific about how to pin the Internet Explorer 32-bit edition to your start menu, making it easy for you to always start up Internet Explorer so it will use Flash Player:

1. Click the Windows button and do a search for Internet Explorer.

2. Right-click the Internet Explorer icon. (Do NOT click the Internet Explorer (64-bit) icon.)

3. Highlight "Send to" and click "Desktop (create shortcut)"

4. Double-click the Internet Explorer desktop-shortcut you have just created. That should get you online using the Internet Explorer 32-bit edition. If you have not already done so, you can install Flash Player now, and it should work.

5. Click the Windows start button again.

6. If an icon for Internet Explorer (64-bit) is showing on your start menu, right-click it and click "Remove from this list."

7. If you click the Windows Start button with a web page open, you should have an Internet Explorer icon showing on your start menu, and it will be for the 32-bit edition. Right-click it and click "Pin to Start Menu."

I suggest this quick test to check if Flash Player is installed and working: Use your Internet search engine to search for Samsung. Open the main Samsung hit: http://www.samsung.com/us/ (or use the link I just typed in for you). If Flash Player is working, you'll get a series of colorful ads for Samsung products. If Flash Player is not working, you'll get a dull white web page with a little Adobe sign in the center saying, "Get Adobe Flash Player."

Moderator: If you feel I am being pedantic or gratuitous with my replies here, I apologize. But I know that after I got my high-powered new desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition, I went through a number of annoying, exasperating days of web surfing where I was getting many messages telling me that I needed to install Flash Player. Those messages continued even after I installed Flash Player! Finally I discovered what I needed to do, and I hope my replies here can help new users of Windows 7 64-bit editions who are, innocently, using 64-bit Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Solipso, I am not a moderator but any well thought out instruction such as you have outlined is greatly

appreciated, not only by those of us here that try to help others, but users that use the 64-bit.  So many new

programs, browsers and OS out that it is hard to keep up.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your sentiment, eidnolb. Thank you also for the help that I

see you have been giving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well thank you Solipso, appreciate that. I see you are as detailed as I am. I'm just a user here, not an employee of Adobe or Microsoft. Always have done my own research for whatever problem happens on my own computer and do a

lot of reading. I try to relate to those that are having problems because I know how frustrating it can be and more so if there is a language barrier or not as familiar with the terms and use of a computer. The more I learn the more I realize I don't know. LOL

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines