Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp crashes when editing the glossary

Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a glossary, RoboHelp 8 (HTML) crashes frequently every 2-3 entries producing a Windows error message. This is extremely annoying because even if I hit the "Save all" Butten after each entry, the glossary is usually empty when I restart the project.

I am working locally, of course, under WinXP and its a small project. I have not created a large glossary in the last few years but recall no problems working with older RH versions. Is this a known problem, do you have any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of renaming/deleting the .cpd file and reopening the project (which tends to alleviate all manner of problems), I think I'd declare victory and withdraw. That is, I'd close the project, open the MyProject.glo file in Notepad, and make the necessary entries per the required syntax.

Surprising how gratifying it is to cease smashing your head against a concrete wall!

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leon, thanks for the ideas. The usual steps for restoring projects (deleting the cpd and xpj files) did not help but of course working directly in the glo file is an option. I guess I'll be doing it that way, not nice but as you indicated less painfull!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp