• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8, merged WebHelp -- Can I link to the same child project more than once in the parent TOC?

Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to link to the same merged project more than once in my parent TOC -- should this be possible?

I've attached a screenshot of the parent TOC showing where I'm attempting to reference the "VT" child project in both the "Customer Care" and "Help Desk" folders. When I publish, the VT topics are displayed only in the "Help Desk" folder.

Is there a better method of trying to reference the same project more than once?

I'm using R8, merged WebHelp, with both patches applied.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the second TOC reference to VT, create a redirect topic that appears in its place. The topic will be blank and point to the home page for that project.

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=path/topicname.htm" />

When the user clicks that topic, they will get redirected to the same page. The path will need to be the relative path in the output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to make the redirect work but I don't think I'm specifying the correct path.

I've structured my merged projects into three folders: "generate," "publish," and "source." To which folder should I specify the redirect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path will need to be the relative path in the output.

You need to work out the relative path between the redirect topic and the topic to be displayed as it will be in the output (the generate and publish folders).

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp