Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please PLEASE help!  I have spent HOURS on the phone trying to be able to get my Reader to where I can access books and actually READ!  The Sony Reader Support folks have tried and tried to help, but say I need Adobe support.  This is the message I get:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 4015:15:6015 urn:uuid:fe67fc55-9102-4eeb-8560-7f5d47021869

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offers support for Digital Editions through the web.  You can get support by going to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and clicking on "Submit a web case".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you don't need to that... I had some administration that I had to do the server this morning anyway, so I bumped your activation count for your "tethered devices" (IE your Sony Reader) back to 6 while I was in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really weird.  After I got your message I tried to transfer the books and two transferred and one did not saying my device was not authorized.  Wow.  this is really a confusing mess and I really wanted to brag to my girlfriend that the Sony Reader was better than the Kindle.  Can't do that yet - smile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it so that you could authorize your device without getting the E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS, but you still need to authorize your device.  How you go about doing that will depend upon if you are using the Sony EBL software or Adobe Digital Editions.

For ADE (windows only), if you have ADE running a Device Activaiton Wizard should come up when you plug your device in, if the device is not already authorized.

I'm not sure about the Sony EBL software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I've got it working - at least I have the three books I purchased downloaded onto my Reader and can access them.  Hopefully, when I get to the point of adding more, some of these bugs will be evened out.  Thank you so very much for your help and support.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am BEGGING you to help me.  i'm at my wits end, and have spent countless hours talking to support, chatting on line with support, waiting for response to my open case, and what i need done sounds so simple...I get the error "too many activations" and i need to get this resolved so that i can once again download books that I have purchased for my sony ereader....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

case #0181340808

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lori,

I am another Sony Reader-owner with the same issue.  I finally got help through signing on and logging a webcase in the Digital Editions support portal and they reset my authorizations so I could download my books.  Try that and see if you can get them to reset you.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this message and followed it and they reset me:

Adobe offers support for Digital Editions through the web.  You can get support by going to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and clicking on "Submit a web case".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply.  i have an open web case, but they are taking their sweet time.  it's wearing my patience thin.  hopefully they'll get to it soon.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you the best of luck.  I know how you feel.  To try to fix mine, they completely wiped my Reader clean so I had nothing until Adobe finally reset the activations.  I've been reluctant to try to use it in case it gets stuck again.  smile.  Wish you luck, Lori.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been and continues to be a nightmare.  Adobe was great, but turns out they werent even the problem.  still seems to be something wrong with the connection btwn adobe and sony or something.  kills me b/c i was able to use it fine last week when i first got my ebook.  it's driving me INSANE...AHHHHHHH  lol

thank you so much for your kind words.  Happy Holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had the too many activations error since Dec 10 (after I upgraded ADE on my laptop and the software wouldn't setup correctly), and after 1.5 hours on the phone waiting for Sony Support (just in case), they confirmed it was a problem with my Adobe account and referred me to Adobe so I can download my books!  I was so afraid that was going to happen and that Sony has no REAL partnership with Adobe that would give Sony customers any better customer service than I have received from Adobe in the past.

I submitted the request the same day, and got a case number but since then have received nothing from Adobe except that they are escalating it to someone who can supposedly reset the account - still waiting several days for any response from that "customer service" person.  I would be willing to clear all activations and just start over (as long as I can recover my books from the Sony store) but even that doesn't seem to be possible in a timely manner.  I think it is a huge shame that Sony has associated itself so closely with Adobe when their customer support is so lacking and account information is seemingly so difficult for them.  Assistance with customer accounts should be so basic! 

Case #0181333414

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich,

I gave your 6 activations back, but you have a higher level issue that you'll need to work with support.  Usually with cases like yours it's something preventing ADE from saving information to the registry:

1.) A permissions issue

2.) A registry cleaner

3.) An AV program preventing access.

Try this, launch ADE from the desktop shortcut (or go find the executable and double click on it), go through the activation process, quit ADE and relaunch.  (This will prevent some problems with the browser launching ADE in low rights mode).

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt get this email before i got on and tried to get the problem resolved (again)...and now i've used up all the activations again and cannot try your suggestion.  i have the number to tech suppt to call tomorrow, so I guess that's what i'll have to do.  If you get this before then, maybe you can reset the count once more, and then I can try what you have suggested.  I just sent you an email thru the adobe site prior to checking my personal email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the previous message was in response to Rich, but if Rich's problems match yours (they may) it's worth a shot for you.  I've bumped your escalation count up to 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2009 Dec 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim - yes - this solution worked perfectly for me, and thank you for fixing the activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW

Jim it seems you have your hands full.But I too have the same issue with the adobe digital editions.

Please HELP!!

This is so frustrating. I could not even download a single book through the Sony sight so far.

looking for help

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help too i have the same message phone sony they tell me adobe problem so i phone adobe went through everything and got nowhere because it free download i been told submit web case which i have done two weeks ago still not sorted, So i ask to speak complaint department because i feel push to pillar to post and getting nowhere and they dont have one. Im not sure what to do? if anyone can help me or give me some advice i be so grateful as im so frustrated with this problem.

Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2010 Jan 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an Aztek ezReader, but since it's new and I don't know what I'm doing I also used up all my activations.  I bought this reader so I would be able to not only purchase books but rent them from my library.  That is what I was doing when the Too Many Activations Error "bug" got me.  I tried the online chat, but that didn't work and they opened a tech case for me.  This was Wednesday AM and I really want to use my reader.  I've read that it takes 3 days before someone fixes it, but patience is running thin.  I think the 3 day wait for something that seems like a simple fix is too long.  Hopefully I'll be reading my library books by Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disappoint you but I have been waiting two week and syill waiting and only have recieved a message saying my case in the second stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Danielle, good luck. I note your message is dated 17/01/2010.  This is 2017 and I am having the same problem. Good to see Adobe is on the ball.  104 months and Adobe still can't fix the E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS PROBLEM.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Terry Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines