• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

skin does not show up when incorporating .flv file (Captivate 4)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I am tired of beating my head on the wall, so here is my situation:

I am attempting to have Captivate 4 call up a .flv file.  I am using Captivate's built-in feature to associate this file to the Captivate project.  Everything seems to go fine, but when I publish - no dice.  A skin .swf is created, but does not appear in the published project.  Blank space where the skin shows up in the raw project and the preview of the project.

I have checked addresses.  I have tried relative and absolute paths. I have re-done everything. I cannot make this work. It may well be something simple and foolish, but I am getting rather frustrated.  I have searched the forums for this type of issue.  I did see some conversation about a skin with underscores ("_") having difficulty, or missing "metadata".  I am using the skin Captivate is choosing (which has an underscore in it) so am curious why this is an issue, and my brain explodes when I try to understand metadata...

My primary goal is to simply get the flv to play in a published Captivate 4 project.

Please help!

Thanks!

- nuguy

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you referring to the "Skin" as in the playback controls for the FLV itself? Or the overall playback controls for Captivate?

I suppose the logical step to take is to determine if your issue lies with Captivate generically or only this project. My guess is that it's only this project.

To easily confirm things, create a new blank project and publish that. See if it behaves as one might expect. If so, your Captivate project has an issue that you need to address. If not, you may need to reinstall Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

The playback controls for the video.

Captivate has been functioning flawlessly in all aother aspects.  This feature has never worked for me.  I originally thought it was an issue of my lack of skill.  Now I am wondering if the feature for associating a .flv to a .swf is a "functional" as Captivate's ability to deliver SCORM data via e-mail...thus, I question the need to reinstall. I am not trying to be insulting, but trying to figure this out.

In continued appreciation of any and all assistance...

- nuguy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm, are you seeing the video itself and only the controls aren't showing?

When you edit the video in Captivate to see the properties, did you choose a playback control for the video?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources