• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start and ending images at Captivate 4

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm just getting started with Captivate 4, I sucessfully created a screen capture (video) and exported it as a swf file that I can see in browser.

I noticed that after playing the captured animation, the swf viewer shows a white screen, and I'm wondering if there is a way to show an image, or something else that a white screen after the movie have ended (*).

Thanks in advance, Alex

(*) For example, after playing a video in youtube the flash viewer shows links to other videos, I would like to do something like that.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Did I understand well that you made a capture in Full Motion Recording? Just a tip: CP is much better when recording Automatically, which means that it takes static screen shots as much as necessary and only uses FMR when necessary (p.e. for drag and drop actions, mouse movement etc). This not only has the advantage of leading to much smaller file size but makes edting quite a lot easier: you have much more control (being a control freak, I like that aspect ).

Even with your FMR recording, you can insert slides before and after the slide (or slides, depending on the length of your recording). Go into Edit view, choose Insert, Blank slide. In the Filmstrip you can move the slide. Put on the slide the wanted image. It will normally be timed 3sec (have a look at the timeline). If you want to pause the slide until the user clicks, you could insert a click box or a button. Both can also be used to make a link to a URL. Get a look at the properties of a button/click box: you'll find a lot of actions that can be performed when clicked (On success), one of these is 'Open URL'.

You can also indicate which action has to be made when the project finishes: Edit, Preferences, Project, Start and End. But a lot depends there also on the way you publish the movie.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources