• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to CF Builder beta 3 .. lost integration

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uninstalled the plug-in version of CF Builder beta 2, and installed the beta 3 plug-in on my Windows machine.  The install seemed to complete okay, and I can see RDS servers, and some other functionality. 

However, my existing projects are no longer associated with the ColdFusion Perspective, and I no longer get any of the ColdFusion options when I right click in the project navigator (New ColdFusion Project, New CFC, etc.).  CFM and CFC files now open with a text editor instead of within Eclipse.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many TIA,

-Rob

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looks like it has launched a new workspace. Can you try to switch workspace and select your previous workspace that has your projects? Alternatively, you can also import your existing projects into this workspace. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspace is the same, and contains the ColdFusion perspective and all the existing projects.... but the file icons have now reverted to the system default editors.

I tried adding a new workspace, and although the ColdFusion perspective is available in the list, double clicking on it does not add it to the workbench

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the File Associations in Windows->Preferences->General->Editors->File Associatons. cfms, cfcs and cfmls should be associated with Adoce CFML editor there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I meant Adobe CFML editor.

Also, you can see if Right-click on project-> Apply CF Nature helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dipanwita ... many thanks for the follow up...

For some reason there is no Adobe CFML Editor in the list of internal editors, and no option to apply CF Nature either.

I uninstalled the plug-in and reinstalled (for a third time) but got the same result.  If there is nothing obvious that could fix this issue I might just dump Eclipse and try the standalone version tomorrow.

Thanks,

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the standalone version, and now get a functioning ColdFusion perspective.

However, I get strange behaviour when I open certain files (one Application.cfc in particular).

1. Open CF Builder
  2. Double click on the given Application.cfc in project navigator
  3. Before the file opens, the CF Builder splash screen appears briefly
  4. The file opens in Builder for a split second
  5. The Builder interface disappears
  6. Two seconds later it comes back and jerkily maximises itself to full screen

Copying this Application.cfc to a different project has the same result.

Opening almost identical Application.cfcs in other projects does not.

Very weird...

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Does this happen with a specific Application.cfc or all/any Application.cfc?

If its a specific file, do you mind sharing it with us?

-Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just one specific Application.cfc so far.   File is attached.

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation