• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tags

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use our RH7 help system for two purposes: Subject Search Help and Training.

The subject search opens and searches all pages, allowing the user to select topics from the TOC or search for terms.

The training section uses the same help pages, but uses browsing sequences to guide the learner through the topics, referencing some pages but not others.

I would like like to use conditional build tags to display one TOC (with all pages displayed) without the browse sequence navigation aids (Previous, Next) if they enter through a help link or another that will display a limited TOC with browse sequence navigation aids. It might also be nice if the search feature was disabled in the training build to avoid wandering.

I am pretty sure this is possible in RH7 but I need a little direction in how to accomplish this look and feel.

Is there something specific to put in the link into the pages that will trigger the conditional build? What is the easiest and most effecient way to do this? Any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bumping this up in hopes that someone has some direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...over three hours, and no response? We're slipping.

Seriously, you just have to add your conditional tags, create two different layouts, and have your developers create the links to the proper version.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you're not slipping today, I'm just impatient.

So, I would need two layouts, located in different locations and just direct the links to them. That really would create two different sites when published, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there bigbrook

I've not tested this, so I'm totally unsure if it will work. But if you hop over to my site at the link below, you may download my Skinny on Skins file. Inside, among gobs of other tweaks and things, I've documented a way to open WebHelp in different ways. TOC loaded, Index loaded, etc.

So you might wish to put a spin on this to see if you can use what is offered there to coax two different views of the TOC. One with browse sequences and one without, without having to resort to having two separate outputs to contend with.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, guess it might be helpful to post the link, eh?

Click right here!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick - there is are some good/interesting things in there. I'm sure I will find many uses for them. Have not located yet the one for this issue, but I've just started going through it. I appreciate the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp