• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User-defined variables in Search Results pane

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with user-defined variables for WebHelp output. I have successfully added the variables to the topic, the displayed topic title, the TOC, and the Index entries. The problems lies in getting the search output to display the specified variable text.

For example, the base topic title is "Introduction to XX". I use a variable to change the XX to YY throughout the project; however, when I generate the output and then Search for YY, the search results pane displays "Introduction to XX" even though the displayed topic is titled, correctly, "Introduction to YY". I am assuming, because the topic title is not adhering to the variables, that the search results displays the metadata <title>.

What should I do so the search results title syncs with the other data?

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

There have been two posts about this recently so do a search for more information.

Basically the search results show the Topic Title as defined in Topic Properties. Your variable is in the Topic Heading at the top of the page. Not the same thing.

I suggest you request a feature change.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp